Shower isolation switch

My first test would be to attatch a hose pipe to the shower supply pipe with a jubilee clip, and do the flow test into a bucket, and see what the flow rate in litres per minute is.

This will tell you one way or another if the water supply is ok.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, just realised I'm having a plumbing discussion on the electrics forum. I was wondering if there was a problem with the switch (maybe a loose connection) whether it could affect the power to the shower which might affect the flow switch?

I will have to go back and check again for blockages etc.

I thought the way the post were going you would have realised that this is not an electrical issue, but down to water pressure as indicated by the controls on your shower.
Not sure what tests your plumber has done or the results of them, but you have a water supply problem, this could be down to faulty fittings, semi closed valves, scaling of pipes, blockages or change of water pressure by your water undertakers.

An electric shower generally needs a minimum of 1 bar and 8 litres per minute.
What on earth is the point of that?

An electric shower cannot begin to heat 8l/min. Even the most powerful struggle to cope with half that flow rate.

4.19J/gK - ye cannae change the laws of physics.

Sponsored Links
This particular shower requires 1.5 bar and flow rate of 11 litres per minute.
A 10.5kW shower will raise the temperature of 11l/m of water by 13.7°C.

In the winter that will mean a shower temperature of around 20°.

Sooner you than me, Gunga Din.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back