Shower Isolator Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an electric shower installed about 9 months ago and the pull cord isolator switch was always a bit stiff. It has, however, now stuck completely (thankfully ON) and I'm concerned on two accounts

1. That it may be costing me money

2. That this is unsafe if I'm away for any length of time - (surely its there for a reason)

Having no luck getting hold of electrician who installed,

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Claire

Sponsored Links
Replacing it is a very straightforward job for a qualified electrician. If your previous guy can't be arsed find one who can. As it is in a bathroom don't have it done by a handyman.

Thanks for replying... i should have been clearer, I realise it can be fixed, problem is i'm not in a position to spend much money at the moment (wedding in 3 months) so really just trying to find out if it would be either expensivein terms of electricity or dangerous NOT to get it fixed for a wee while?? Could anyone fill me in on either point. Thanks, Claire

Sponsored Links
While your shower is switched off by turning the dial on it or pressing the button, it consumes ZERO electricity*

The only electricity that will be consumed is by the shower pull switch light, if there is one. Very very little power. Out of interest, we leave ours on all the time.

*(unless its a Triton Bermuda which has a built in light thats on all the time, again this uses very little electric)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back