shower kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i need to replace my electric shower, how do i find the kw of my shower? the shower was fitted when i bought the house so i have no paper work for it, its a triton barbados. what would happen if i fitted the wrong kw shower (e.g replaced a 9.5kw with a 8.5kw or vice versa)

thanks

Sponsored Links
this needs to be in electrics uk. However, usually on Tritons, there is a sticker attached to the casing just next to the outlet pipe to the shower head. It will say 8.5kw or whatever it is on this sticker....

If you fit the wrong size you will trip out the power supply MCB to the shower or possibly damage the cables if the protection is not correct. Could lead to fire or death if an RCD is not fitted.

Barbados is 8 kw.
Your cable may not be large enough for a higher kw any new shower cable install needs to be rcd protected.

is it still possible to buy 8kw showers? as ive only seen 8.5, 9.5 and 105kw

thanks

Sponsored Links
Triton T70Z 7.5kw would be about your nearest swap without to much work.

thanks for your help. been looking at the shower, there is a sticker by the outlet pipe but the writing has been washed off. ill look into buying 1 of them above mentioned showers

i have found references to Barbados 8kw and 8.5 kw.

Check the cable size and mcb rating and report back.

cable size is identifiable at the end where it connects to the shower terminals. If your not familiar its not so easy to judge size. The MCB will be in the consumer unit or in a seperate shower unit. Its the trip switch where the power is supplied from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back