shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody help? iv got a mira sport shower an it just stopped working weeks ago. no water comes out unless you put a tap on for a bit, you get a splurge of water outa the shower when you turn the tap off again. the low pressure lights come on.

Sponsored Links
Probably blocked. First remove the head and see if water comes out.

Sponsored Links
Another possibility, especially if you're in a hard water area, is that the heater can is scaled up, but going for the filter first, so this:

1. Isolate from the electricity supply.
2. Remove front casing.
3. Identify water inlet.
4. Isolate from the water supply.
5. Uncouple inlet from shower.
6. Find filter and see if it's blocked.

If you can tell us the age of the shower then we can help you with more precise guidance to the location of the filter.

not sure how old it is, it was already in when we moved in 5 years ago.Its a Mira sport if that helps. it looks pretty old like

Similar problems caused by pilot valve in the shower, it is a common fault on the Miras. But would still go with filter first then the valve.

I'll check the filter in the morning, how do I check the valve?

There is nothing you can do with the pilot valve it is a sealed unit I think. They are not that expensive but being a Mira nothing is cheap. Go onto the Mira web site and they will have information on where to get one.

good news! the filter's ok, iv found out my showers at least 15 years old and its dead! it decided to flood my bathroom on saturday night, we came home to find water pouring through the ceiling so i had to call the emergancy plumber out but he didnt get the message until sunday morning so we spent saturday night with no water or electric. i bought a new shower and iv just been told i need to get a bigger cable and a new fuse board! Aaaaarrrrgghh!!
Thanks for all your help anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back