Shower panels behind tray - is this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been suffering with a leaky shower for a while. Resealing didn't solve it so I got someone in to put shower panels in instead of tiles in the hope that this would provide a good long term solution. I'm after reliable function over aesthetics!

Anyway he came yesterday and while he was fitting it I noticed he had installed the panels to the floor and then put the tray in against the panels. From everything I have read online the panels should sit on top of the tray, like tiles would. He assured me that he has 25 years experience and always fits them like this including in his own home and he has never had any problems. I also spoke to his boss who assured me it is fine and this was the right way to do it because of the timber floor.

I don't doubt his integrity and I paid a lot more than other quotes to use this company which came with very good personal and online recommendations but it just feels wrong to me and I fear I'm going to have leaks again before long.

What do you think? I have attached photos showing it part way through and the finished job.

Sponsored Links
Should be installed with a kit, on top of the tray to insure a watertight seal.
One example

Attachments

• 19664BD5-79BF-4A64-B7A0-26F89065476B.jpeg
    19664BD5-79BF-4A64-B7A0-26F89065476B.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 45

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back