Shower Pressure Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys :)

I currently have an 8.5 kw shower fitted and the pressure from the shower head is not what I would like it to be. I live in a soft water area and have checked that the head is not blocked. I ran the shower with the head disconnected on the lowest heat setting, turned off and ran the cold water tap on the bath. There seemed to be quite a difference in pressure between the two, would you not expect both to provide a similair pressure?

Would it be of benefit to check the flow rate by measuring the volume of water in a set time period?

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
8.5k and very cold water in isn't going to give you a lot of hot water.

I ran the shower with the head disconnected on the lowest heat setting, turned off and ran the cold water tap on the bath. There seemed to be quite a difference in pressure between the two, would you not expect both to provide a similair pressure?

No, that's how they work, you put less water in one end and you get it coming out of the other end hotter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back