Shower pumps recommendations

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Don't deal with bathrooms and showers usually, but reg customer needs a replacement. Existing shower, i think is a 1.5bar wickes jobby. She was happy with performance so something similar but better quality and less noisy if poss.
Budget £150-£350
thanks in advance
mick

Sponsored Links
A 2 Bar Stuart Turner Monsoon for me every time & is well within your upper price limit but not sure if that includes install; very quiet. If not, Salamander is cheaper but IMO is not in the same league & is not as quiet.

But that’s by far the end of the story; if she’s disappointed with the current pump, it may be there are fundamental problems with circuit design or the pump installation itself. If your inexperienced with pump installations you should seek further advice (or do a lot more research) as she could end up no better off which would not improve your customer relations. :LOL:

what i like about the salamander is they at least give you some idea about the noise.

I like Stuart Turner brass parts but they dont say anything about noise that i have found.

salamander say RSP 50 twin(1.5 bar) is Extremely Quiet...so taken with with a pinch of salt i would say it is most likely fairly Quiet.

i have fitted larger salamander (3,6 bar) and had about the same sound level as a kettle

cheers for your thoughts.
Richard, i dont do this kind of work but thats not to say i dont know what im doing ;) im adequately qualifed and knoweldgeable its just i rarely fit them and needed a good brand. The current pump was working fine for several years until it died so a straight replacement should suffice.
I was thinking Stuart Turner as well, but just wondering if there was any others people might like(and maybe a touch cheaper). I see Grundfos do a watermill twin pump and its very reasonable too, any thoughts/experiences on this one?

Sponsored Links
Go for Stuart & Turner, nothing comes close. They normally last 10 years, even thou I saw one last week that was still working and at 18 years old.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back