Shower recommendations ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all iv just bought my first house and i renovated it before upgrade my 6mm cable for 10mm there was originally a 7kw shower installed with a 32a rcd, will it be ok to upgrade to 8.5kw shower without having to change the t/e the shower room is downstair and runs 1m thru trunking from the shower then 5m under floorboards not clipped and no insulation then 2m in a wall to the main fuse board also whats the best shower i can get in 8.5kw with good performance ??

Sponsored Links
So you have 6.0mm t&e cable and a 32A RCD, what size is the overcurrent protective device/MCB? As the RCD alone, is not an overcurrent protective device!

I would use 10mm in any case unless the 6mm was in open voids (eg, not confined in trunking) for it's entire run.

Sponsored Links
I would use 10mm in any case unless the 6mm was in open voids (eg, not confined in trunking) for it's entire run.
Would still require an overcurrent protective device, which is a major concern if not present!
6mm in containment can carry a maximum 38A, so 32A at 240V could allow for 7.6kW and at 230V 7.3kW, so anything greater is not going to happen anyway. So the 8.5kw can go back!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back