Shower temp problems !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower has become difficult to set the operating temp. When adjusting the mixer the water becomes either too hot or too cold with hardly a touch.
Shwer is 18 years old (Newteam power shower) but new combi 5 years ago required pump taking out and pressure equalising valve fitted.
Hot water flow has been checked.

New Valve ?
New Shower ?

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
18 years is a 'good age' for a shower and I would probably consider putting it into retirement
sleepme.gif

I suppose it comes down to 'personal taste'. It may be possible that your shower could be reparied and last another 18 years - It might be worth you pricing a new shower, and the components that you would need to repair the existing one before you decide. Also, things like: how easy is it to replace the shower (i.e. are the pipes in the wall, have you got tiles around it, etc) might be the 'deciding factor' :)

Good luck

Sponsored Links
Gary, Thanks again. I think that I can get a replacement ceramic cartridge from Newteam, if this would cure it ?

Gary_M said:
I suppose it comes down to 'personal taste'. It may be
possible that your shower could be reparied and last another 18 years - It might be worth you pricing a new shower, and the components that you would need to repair the existing one before you decide. Also, things like: how easy is it to replace the shower (i.e. are the pipes in the wall, have you got tiles around it, etc) might be the 'deciding factor' :)

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back