Shower trap missing parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I know the shower waste is missing parts, certainlya top cover but can anybody help me identify the waste i have fitted. my landlord tells me this is fine and doesnt need anything done to it. ive bought 2 traps from screwfix they are too big. thank you for taking the time to read this.
20200717_195442.jpg
20200717_195449.jpg
20200717_195452.jpg
20200717_195607.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi I am just trying to replace whats needed as I wouldnt be confident in removing the whole thing, but without knowing what make it is i guess its hard. So there is definetly something missing from it then?

Just the pop in cover appears to be missing , you have the removable section to aid cleaning. Just stops you losing things down the drain

Sponsored Links
Thanks, so any idea how to get the pop in section? and does it make any difference using it without?

The pop in section (dip tube cover) is what creates the water seal as it dips into the water in that cup. It stops smells from coming back up from the drains.
mcalpine-chrome-plastic-shower-grid-and-insert-tube-39004053-4115-p[ekm]160x160[ekm].jpeg

That's why some landlords should stick to being landlords.

Without knowing the make it may be difficult to find a replacement dip tube cover that fits properly.

Still it's really for the landlord to fix, tell him you are getting smells into the shower and need the trap fixed.

Alternatively, try here
https://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.uk/flanges--top-covers-for-traps--gullies-176-c.asp

Thank you both for your advice. Its kind of what I was thinking. I've looked at many dip tubes online but they all have a diameter of over 40mm and I need 1 just under 40mm. I have resubmitted my request to my landlord for repair again. If I push a sponge into the hole then I do not get the egg kind of smell in my bathroom so it is clearly this that is causing the problem.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back