Shower tray fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got one of these stone resin trays 1200 x 900 so it is chuffin heavy!
I've also been watching Roger Bisby on you tube, who says to mix 6-1 sand cement to lay it on for good support, which makes sense to me. It will be walled on 3 sides, so it's not going anywhere when down.

Any tips to help me get this right from you experienced people would be most useful.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on what type of floor your putting it on. I never use mortar. I use silicones or adhesives. Sometime I use a flexible tile adhesive, depends on what it's going down onto.

Tile adhesive.
It will not go anywhere, its own weight is already enough to keep it there, the adhesive will make it stick on the plywood forever.

Sponsored Links
I put mine down on 18 mm ply then a couple of lines of sticks like xxxxx
never had one move yet or you can use silicone. Bob

If it's going to be fitted to the wall on all three sides then the silicone that would be used to seal the tray in, on the three sides (on the edges of the tray/wall, not the fillet of silicone that will be used to seal the final wall covering to the tray) will hold the tray in place, then some well placed adhesive underneath will do the job nicely.

By the silicone I mean when the tray's being placed in, there should be silicone on all three walls where the edges of the tray will touch and then the tray dropped down and pushed onto that so it seals to the wall all the way around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back