Shower with Jets & condensing boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I just read the Boiler FAQ in this forum and don't understand what wall hung boiler to use now.

The boilers only role is to heat the water for the 1 bathroom which will consist of 2 sinks, a shower with spray jets, and a whirlpool bath which has a pump.
I am not sure, but the shower (may) need a small 1.5 bar pump as well. I have very strong almost torrential cold water pressure due to the supply flowing downhill to me.

I read that you can't use a condensing wall hung boiler with a pump.

Since a cylinder is not an option and electric heating is too weak, that means I have no options.

Comments please from Brits and not stupid ones which provide no facts and question my choices.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
In practice the pump is only necessary when you have gravity open vented domestic hot water systems.

If you have an unvented cylinder or a high output combi you don't need the pump.

Go for something more than 28kw

Bear in mind the higher the output the higher the fuel bill. your shower is also going to provide a high water bill. Not telling what not to get, telling you the consequences of what you have decided upon.

Personally I would recommend an unvented hot water system for that type of shower, especially if you have excellent cold mains pressure.

As far as the boiler goes, I'd go for a vaillant or Worcester Bosch System Boiler.

Thanks for the replies- It is good that I might not require a pump at least for the shower. Is the pump that is supplied attached to the whirlpool bath still an issue for the combi/condensing boiler? I can't remove the pump.

In general, I wasn't worried about the cold water flow, just the flow and pressure of the hot water after it has gone through the boiler vs the flow of the cold water as they both connect to the shower. But it sounds like the boiler might be able to handle it?

Maybe I will need to slow down the flow of the cold to balance with the hot? I can't stand it when the water changes temp quickly.

I was thinking of using 22mm pipe for shower and bath (at least the bath) so as to ensure the bath fills up quickly. (I called ideal standard and they said a 22mm was recommended for the bath). I don't *HAVE* to use 22 for the shower... any comments on this are welcome. The shower will have 6-12 jets plus overhead showerhead of up to 24inches.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Comments please from Brits and not stupid ones which provide no facts and question my choices.

I'll question your choice, the same as I suggested elsewhere, you don't want a bloody boiler, you want a water heater. :rolleyes:

I gave you all the technical facts on yet another thread, is this the third or forth on the topic, and you choose to ignore them.

you sound like that other useless guy kevplumb who insults people and makes wasteful posts. No one asked your *opinion* specifically so either give facts or go away.

I'll question your choice, the same as I suggested elsewhere, you don't want a bloody boiler, you want a water heater. :rolleyes:

I gave you all the technical facts on yet another thread, is this the third or forth on the topic, and you choose to ignore them.

you sound like that other useless guy kevplumb who insults people and makes wasteful posts. No one asked your *opinion* specifically so either give facts or go away.

I gave you all the facts you need, if you don't understand them say so or get an expert in.

sorry didn't realise you were same person wanting to do this on lpg, strike what I said about high output combi.

worcester bosch do a 550 and 440 boiler which appear to satisfy your needs. they are combis with a very high hot water output. they are floor mounted and very easy to install. i suggest you go on their web site for dimensions, flow rates etc. they both require excellent mains pressure which it appears you have

all the best!

worcester bosch do a 550 and 440 boiler which appear to satisfy your needs. they are combis with a very high hot water output. they are floor mounted and very easy to install. i suggest you go on their web site for dimensions, flow rates etc. they both require excellent mains pressure which it appears you have

all the best!

He doesn't need a combi boilerdoctor, do read all the other threads as well.

A Rinnai instantaneous water heater would more than supply his needs. On the other hand he may need an cylinder and a system boiler.

Who the hell knows or cares for that matter. :LOL:

doitall

1) i'm not a combi boiler doktor..... i have 35 yrs in the game, Am gas safe registered and an expert in all aspects of heating, commercial, industrial and domestic!

If you cared to read the threads you will have noted that a cylinder...and hence a system boiler is out of the question! read properly before you decide to add your d.i.y. penneth worth. Tomorrow i am fitting a ground source heat pump while you are probably painting and decorating!!

doitall

1) i'm not a combi boiler doktor..... i have 35 yrs in the game, Am gas safe registered and an expert in all aspects of heating, commercial, industrial and domestic!

If you cared to read the threads you will have noted that a cylinder...and hence a system boiler is out of the question! read properly before you decide to add your d.i.y. penneth worth. Tomorrow i am fitting a ground source heat pump while you are probably painting and decorating!!

you are obviously aewbie
rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif

the old git will buy and sell you fella

i have had 30 years in this game and I still walk in his shadow

pipefitter by trade

doitall

mr doktor (that spelling is a bit scary!!)

if you read all of diyfromusa `s posts from today, you may come to the conclusion that the OP is a bit of an a rse.
he/she has posted concerning lpg,oil,industrial lpg fired space heaters in their property and all manners of nonsense.

the OP has been advised, rebuked and generally laughed at by the majority of the people in this forum.

you are new to this forum ( as am i), but have a look at kevplumbs. doitall
gas4you.namsag and a host of others postings. you are barking up the wrong tree my friend.

to quote from reservoir dogs " don`t point your gun at ma daddy"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back