Shower with Jets & condensing boiler?

doitall

1) i'm not a combi boiler doktor..... i have 35 yrs in the game, Am gas safe registered and an expert in all aspects of heating, commercial, industrial and domestic!

If you cared to read the threads you will have noted that a cylinder...and hence a system boiler is out of the question! read properly before you decide to add your d.i.y. penneth worth. Tomorrow i am fitting a ground source heat pump while you are probably painting and decorating!!

That is so funny :LOL: I like you already :cool:

Combi Boiler Doktor, are you any relation to Dr Drivel and Water Systems :rolleyes:

The boilers only role is to heat the water for the 1 bathroom which will consist of 2 sinks, a shower with spray jets, and a whirlpool bath which has a pump.
I am not sure, but the shower (may) need a small 1.5 bar pump as well. I have very strong almost torrential cold water pressure due to the supply flowing downhill to me.

I've copied the spec again for you Dok, keeping in mind there's no heating, what Combi would you like to change your boiler selection as the 440 may not be too happy in the above installation, unless you know best Dok.

Talking of not being happy, your selection may upset a few guys in the regulation making department as well.

In case you didn't know, the 440 would use a bottle of gas in 19hrs, how much are they now £60 for a 47Kg :eek:

Next you have to explain why a cylinder and system boiler is out of the question, if the OP goes ahead with what he has planned, It's the only option :LOL:

As the only DIYer in the Combustion Chamber, I'm sure you can continue my education if they let you in, although I get the feeling it may be the other way round.

TaTa for now BoilerDoktor, I'm sure we'll get on famously.

Sponsored Links
Once again you guys are all complete Arses!

I never said I didn't have heating sorted for the property! *Underfloor heating* has already been sorted, I left that out of my spec ON PURPOSE because it WAS NOT AN ISSUE I WANTED CONSIDERED.

For those additional arses who READ INTO the space heater question, we have REASONS for wanting it to run for a few hours a day for about 2 weeks and NONE of these have anything to do with heating the property for comfort.

Like Docktor said, READ before you post your * TOTALLY WORTHLESS* 2 pennies worth.

Thanks Docktor- obviously we've got here a bunch of decorators pretending to be gas safe ppl.

I never said I didn't have heating sorted for the property!

Oh, and PS ---> Only a clueless person would recommend a 3k OIL BOILER SYSTEM install (3k!!) to run a shower and a bathtub in ONE bathroom.

READ THE ORIGINAL POST!

diyfromusa,

If you insist on facts, it might be an idea to start off supplying some yourself like incoming pressure and minimum and maximum needed flow.

Sponsored Links
It just struck me that the problem is, the lot of you likely don't KNOW HOW to propertly respond to a post.

So here is your lesson:

QUESTION EXAMPLE:

I need above 7l/min flow rate for my shower using the least amount of lpg / min, what boilers are my options

ANSWER EXAMPLE:

- Boiler x, (boiler y, boiler z, etc)
- Boiler x has ____ specs, it meets your needs because, and its flow rate
is __ litres of lpg per minute to heat hot water __ degrees.
- What makes boiler x good is its ___
- The downsides of boiler x is servicing, you can't use with a jacuzzi bath
because of its pump, and whatever else
- If you have a bath pump in fact you cant use any lpg boilers, go with
(2) 25kw electric heaters in serial and it will solve your problem
- the downside to the 2 25kw heaters is the likely cost of electricity and
wiring , but your flow rates would be there and you don't have to worry
about changing lpg gas bottles
- your only other option is __ but given you stated you have no room for
an electric boiler with large tank, it is out of the question. that is too bad
because models y,z, and b are available and space efficient and might
still meet your needs.
- obviously i'm not going to tell you to get OIL or some other solution that
is inappropriate to your original question.

Regards and hope this helps,

Signed,
Knowledgable and helpful person (who is not an arse)

---------------------------------------------

NOW, APPLY.

No problem, maybe this should have been asked then before ppl provided answers. I thought I stated that the absolute MIN flow rate was 7 or 8ltrs of hot water per minute. This is based upon specs of the popular steam shower cabinets you see all over ebay. Max up to 15. As far as incoming pressure goes- I have to say I really don't know- I think 1-1.5 bar was stated on some shower units and 3 bar on others. My cold water pressure is above this. The bath doesn't have a min pressure requirement as it has a pump.

diyfromusa,

If you insist on facts, it might be an idea to start off supplying some yourself like incoming pressure and minimum and maximum needed flow.

diyfromusa";p="1223849" [b][size=6]The boilers only role is to heat the water for the 1 bathroom which will consist of 2 sinks said:
I never said I didn't have heating sorted for the property! *Underfloor heating* has already been sorted, I left that out of my spec ON PURPOSE because it WAS NOT AN ISSUE I WANTED CONSIDERED.

I don't think you know what you're saying, In fact I think you're a Politician, can't read, write and has a sloppy accountant.
:LOL:

another gobsh ite john :LOL: :LOL: ;)

writes a good snide comment mind

exept the one afore his was from a female and she left her e :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;) ;) ;) ;)

if bett finds out i am history :D

If the tosser could read, he would know by know, that mains pressures, flow rates, Combi Boiler Doktor and just about anything else is irrelevant, and that includes the gas bottles.

Tank and cylinder or no pumps got it, good

Forget it.. Obviously all efforts to teach you to be human has failed.. I'm going elsewhere for info.. like calling a manufacturer or two.

You guys really do need to find some gainful employment during the day.
How about at the local waste site, there are fellow mates just waiting to chat with you.

What this forum really needs is a FAQ on installing steam showers with jets and boiler options vs all your drivel posts which have yet to be assembled into a comprehensible read.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back