Showerforce Easiboost (1.5 bar) shower pump - wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Hope you can help again please, although im not sure if this shouldn't be in the plumbing section, but here goes (sorry mods if i've posted in wrong forum) but being a shower pump, kinda crosses over with plumbing/electrical.

I've got a 1.5 bar Showerforce Easiboost Pump for the shower, the pump has come pre-fit with a flex and the destructions say that it needs a 3A fused spur, can i just add a plug to the flex with 3A fuse and plug into a mains socket for it to work? or does this need wiring another way?

Can anyone offer any advice please.

All help is always appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Is the pump going to be sited in the bathroom, or will it be somewhere else such as the loft or cylinder cupboard?

Yes you can put a plug on but it does need to be acessable i ideally should be RCD protected. Also it must be pluged in outside the "zones"

Make sure the 3amp fuse is fitted in the plug.

And if it says you need to put it on a switched fused spur then thats really what you should do as it might invalidate the warrenty if you put it on a plug.

Sponsored Links
My mistake with 13A, should have said 3A. :oops:

The pump will be in the airing cupboard next to hot water cylinder. There is a power socket very close by which i could plug into if i can, using RCD?

Thank you for your help.

I've just re-read the destructions and it states: "The pump must be connected to a 230 volt a.c. supply, fused at 3 amps, via double pole isolator with a contact separation of at least 3mm." "It is recommended that your installation is protected by a RCD with a trip rating of no more than 30mA." -- -- - Does this mean a plug with 3A fuse and RCD should be ok? :?:

Thank you. :)

mst said:
Yes you can put a plug on but it does need to be acessable i ideally should be RCD protected. Also it must be pluged in outside the "zones"

Make sure the 3amp fuse is fitted in the plug.

And if it says you need to put it on a switched fused spur then thats really what you should do as it might invalidate the warrenty if you put it on a plug.

You been reading the DPC? ;)
You are currently not allowed socket outlets (other than SELV/Isolated shaver) in a bathroom/shower room. In a bedroom (or other) with a shower cubicle they are allowed outside the zones if RCD protected.

Ok, the outer box/packaging for the shower pump states: -

"Pre-wired with a fitted flex, needing only to be connected to a 13 amp fused spur."

The destructions state: -

"The pump must be connected to a 230 volt a.c. supply, fused at 3 amps, via double pole isolator with a contact separation of at least 3mm." "It is recommended that your installation is protected by a RCD with a trip rating of no more than 30mA."

I'm confused?! :confused: :confused: :!:

Please help. Anyone advise?

ah, i see where you are getting confused

it says 13amp fused spur

.............fitted with 3a fuse

you can put a 3a fuse in a "spur"

actualy its a fused connection unit, but lets not go there

Ahh i understand now, thank you Breezer.

So not able to put a plug on the flex with a 3A fuse in it then?

If the plugs not an option looks like i'll have to go with the 13A fused spur, should be something i can tap into in the airing cupboard? ive got power to the timer for hot water cylinder and power for grunfos pump and valve... ;)

You could go the whole hog and replace the socket with a fused spur RCD connection unit - fitted with the 3amp fuse required ;) especially as your unlikely to use the plug socket in there for anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back