Shuffling deck chairs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brexit: Hornby stops non-UK orders due to price confusion

"Model railway maker Hornby is pausing all international orders until January next year because of uncertainty around post-Brexit trade rules."

"We hope you can understand the difficult position we are in and remain patient with us until we can find a solution," the company said on Twitter."

"We as a country, we're shuffling the deck chairs as the Titanic is sinking. People who are having these talks just don't understand how the real world operates. They think at the last minute they can come up with a solution. People are going to be losing jobs."

Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving!

Sponsored Links
I have received an email from Amazon saying that after Brexit if I order something from the UK, it might suffer delays because of customs examination and VAT having to be levied on the goods.

This is fair enough and the same as if I order anything from anywhere else outside of the EU, for example the US where the prices do not include any of their sales taxes.

It might be that Amazon is aware of any new regulations but will any other sellers - on ebay etc. - be aware that their prices should NOT include the local VAT when being sent to the EU.

I suspect that no one in the UK has any idea what they would have to do in such circumstances after brexit.

Brexit: Hornby stops non-UK orders due to price confusion

"Model railway maker Hornby is pausing all international orders until January next year because of uncertainty around post-Brexit trade rules."

"We hope you can understand the difficult position we are in and remain patient with us until we can find a solution," the company said on Twitter."

"We as a country, we're shuffling the deck chairs as the Titanic is sinking. People who are having these talks just don't understand how the real world operates. They think at the last minute they can come up with a solution. People are going to be losing jobs."

Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving!
Blimey. What response did you get from that when you posted it on the political forums? You do post on political forums, don’t you?

Sponsored Links
Meanwhile the Covid vaccine developed by a German company and made in the EU can't be given to German or EU citizens because of lethargic EU rules.
I'd suggest they are being rather more cautious, but borisconi did promise to get rid of 'red tape'...

So if you feel happy to be a lab rat, then you are free to do so...

Blimey. What response did you get from that when you posted it on the political forums? You do post on political forums, don’t you?
You really are a very sad individual...

You try and get any topic I post in locked or deleted...

Your obsession means you obviously need psychiatric help...

And very quickly!

Edit: I've done something I very rarely do.
Reported a post for continual harassment!

So asking questions is an attempt to close a topic? Is that why you ask me questions when I post something? Don’t be stupid. Meanwhile, was that a yes or a no to either of my questions?

my company exports and imports parts from and to around the world, and to be honest the rule change isnt confusing, if we dont get a deal, we import the goods with vat attached and we "might" have to wait a bit longer, the same with the products being exported, it doesnt make our paperwork any different, as long as the commercial invoice is supplied.

i think this may be a bit of a PR stunt by Hornsby....

I have received an email from Amazon saying that after Brexit if I order something from the UK, it might suffer delays because of customs examination and VAT having to be levied on the goods.

This is fair enough and the same as if I order anything from anywhere else outside of the EU, for example the US where the prices do not include any of their sales taxes.

It might be that Amazon is aware of any new regulations but will any other sellers - on ebay etc. - be aware that their prices should NOT include the local VAT when being sent to the EU.

I suspect that no one in the UK has any idea what they would have to do in such circumstances after brexit.

VAT is one of the headaches unfortunately

Meanwhile the Covid vaccine developed by a German company and made in the EU can't be given to German or EU citizens because of lethargic EU rules

Another brexit lie

perhaps Woody would like to point out these EU rules.....oh thats right they dont exist

"The MHRA acted in line with EU regulations, and any other EU country could have done the same, he said."

Another brexit lie

perhaps Woody would like to point out these EU rules.....oh thats right they dont exist

"The MHRA acted in line with EU regulations, and any other EU country could have done the same, he said."
Why have no other EU country moved to vaccinations yet, Doctor Notch?

The UK left the EU Jan 2020, BTW.

It's possible that one day the UK government will decide what it's going to do and publish some documents.

It's had more than four years so far.

The EU already knows what to do if Doris achieves the Brextremists desire for no deal. Trading, customs and documentation as for any other third country with no Agreement. Like Somalia. This will be very tiresome and expensive.

This is not news, the problem has been repeatedly raised. But ignored by Doris' government.

Some of the Brextremists boast that they don't care.

Why have no other EU country moved to vaccinations yet, Doctor Notch?

The UK left the EU Jan 2020, BTW.

because:

Most European Union countries are waiting for the EMA to grant approval. The EMA has said it will decide by 29 December whether to provisionally authorise the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine. Unlike the UK’s temporary authorisation, the EMA is hoping to grant the vaccine “conditional marketing authorisation” for its use in any EU country.

The Swiss medical regulator Swissmedic has said it did not have all the data it needed to approve the vaccines, especially when it came to use in people with pre-existing illnesses. “We lack data on the effectiveness of the clinical trials and on the important subgroups that participated in these large studies,” said Claus Bolte, head of Swissmedic’s authorisation division, at a press briefing on 1 December.4

Sponsored Links
Back