Side Lean-to built on boundary - what are my options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm looking for some advice on what my options might be for improving the side space by my home. I'm keen to know what options are, but also failing that, who I can actually ask to ascertain what is possible and / or permitted?

The side space is currently a mish mash of 3 sections, - at one end, protruding into the garden is a utility room. It's a properly constructed brick room with flooring, ceiling, electrics, plumbing.. though no heating. It has a wooden gate type door with a bolt. In the middle section between the back kitchen door is a section which has 'outdoor' crazy paving flooring, but then a partially contructed (unfinished) ceiling. The cooker hood currently vents into this. There is also a tiny WC in this part (with proper insulated ceiling and brick walls.) At the front, openly adjoined to the middle section is a lean-to with a wooden frame (rather rickety as possibly with wood worm), built onto the boundary, with PVC sloping panels, and wooden front gate.

I would like to make this into a better space, ideally waterproof and secure (we would plan to keep motorbike in front section). But I just don't know what the options in terms of contruction types and what might be permitted. Is there someone who could be called around to ask? Obviously the lean-to part is the most urgent to do away with!

Advice much much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5969.jpg
    IMG_5969.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5970.jpg
    IMG_5970.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back