Siemens dryer cuts out after some use. Front panel blank, interior light ok.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Siemens dryer E750 has developed a fault where it cuts out. Engineer reports it's due to a circuit board dry joint; suggested replacement.

The machine will turn on and work fine for a while. Then it stops. No power reaches the control panel which looks like the machine is off. But there is power to the machine and the interior light works. The problem is intermittent. The "turn it off and on again" solution does not work, but the "go away and come back a while later" one does work. Sometimes. For a while.

The engineer said it's a common complaint and the usual remedy of replacing the board would not be economically viable. Given the machine iteself is good, I'd like to effect a repair. I've taken the top off the machine but cannot see clearly where I should look and, given I have no idea about the voltages inside the machine, I didn't want to start poking around without getting more information first.

If it's a matter of cleaning and reseating something or heating a solder joint then I can have a go at fixing it. It seems a shame to dump a machine that is otherwise good apart from some intermittent fault.

I did wonder if it's a sensor of some kind but I wouldn't expect something like that to kill the front panel display.

Any ideas anyone... ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back