Siemens RDJ10RF Theromstat and inconsistent heating

Sponsored Links
I expect it’s time for one!
Can I ask why people keep saying we shouldn’t have done that? It’s literally just a metal cover and we have the manual explaining how to remove it? Nothing is attached to it beyond the screws holding it in place and I’m glad we did as tbh we’ve had enough problems with the house as it is without having to pay for someone to come and remove the cover to find the receiver and then tell us it’s broken.

It forms part of the combustion circuit, the rubber seal around the top part is the case seal, so if there’s a defect, it could be an issue.

You shouldn't really have removed the boiler casing. I have never seen a receiver placed within the boiler like that ,and to be frank can't see why would want to.
see it a lot round here Terry, the cheaper range of Vokeras came with the RF room stat and installers done that, lazy barstewards but quite common

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back