sign in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having to sign in here and other places on the net, all the time don't know how to put it back to normal, i'm using firefox thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Click on "tools" then "options" then "security". Is "remember passwords" checked? If not click on it so that a tick appears in the box

Then try "tools" "options " & "privacy". Is "accept cookies from sites" ticked? It should be. You can also select which sites you want to allow or ban on that page if you do not want "all sites" Also set "accept cookies" to "always" if it says "never"

Sponsored Links
Sorry, it does not say that about cookies, it asks if i want to be tracked/ not tracked/not to say anything.

Hi Libby

Out of curiosity, if you haven't disabled or un-installed MS Explorer, does the same thing happen on that search engine?

I tried Chrome and Firefox but went back to Int. Explorer because it's what I am familiar with and despite the hype...

Newer isn't always better :eek:

BW

Tone

@ Tone

Assuming she's using Windows !

Libby
Here's part of my prefs

f2o4.png

(Remember History)

@ Tone

Assuming she's using Windows !
Oh, er, yeh :oops:

I'm reminded of a post on another forum i saw yonks ago from an erudite poster who's sig went something like..

"The box said Windows XP or better, so I installed Ubuntu".

Confession. I understood the joke but that was all... Add. But I've just interrupted your much more useful post above soz. :)

Raider, i was set on not to be tracked, but that;s after changing it from what yours is now.
Thought i sussed it for a while leaving diynot and coming back,i was still signed in but an hour later................

In the same history box select "use custom settings for history" from the drop down menu, set it to that & you will get the options I mentioned previously.

Libby.. I wasn't on about tracking. I meant remember history tab as
JJ4091 correctly stated .. I should've posted a screengrab from that option

So here is one.. Make sure private browsing isn't ticked or your browser wont remember anything

z1t9.png

Hi, yes, i'm set up like that shown. I was cleaning the laptop and went across the keys with a baby wipe whilst the machine was on? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back