Silent fire alarm (interlinked)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone suggest a fire alarm system for domestic use that allows a series of ideally mains-powered alarms to be interlinked BUT crucially where I can have one of the alarms not make a noise when it goes off but instead flash a light. This is to go in a home-studio hence needing a visual and non-audio warning.

I appreciate I could install a professional fire alarm system but that is a bit OTT for this purpose.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Fit a relay base to one of the smoke deters then run a strobe from the relay base

Sparkymarka... Not sure I quite understand but thank! Am looking for an off the shelf type smoke alarm but one that is silent.

Bernardgreen ... That's true of course but the issue is not having sensitive microphones being blasted by big alarm sounds.

Sponsored Links
As above if you need one in the studio cut the sounder track and fit a relay base eg aico Ei128 r

Fit the relay base to an ordinary alarm outside the studio and run the relay switched feed to a light inside the studio. Modifying the alarm by cutting the sounder track would invalidate any warranty and type approvals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back