Silly signs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was using a shredder the other day. I noticed on the LCD readout it had some writing, tiny writing.

So, I moved my face closer to read it... Had to be about a foot away when I could read the dim, unlit LCD...

"WARNING: keep all ties and necklaces away from this shredder!"

Luckily I'm a scruffy get so wasn't wearing a tie, but I still want to slap the engineer who designed it. :LOL:

Any other stupid signs?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I saw a sign in a field once, all it said was "do not throw stones at this sign" :?:

... Needless to say, it had taken a right battering :D

I know it's stupid and you will all probably laugh - everyone at work did, but I did once get my tie in the shredder and it is actually quite a scary experience. :oops: :oops: But yes the warning signs could be bigger

This is off subject but I think Adam will appreciate it:
We had a crew member getting married and decided to take him and his new bride from the church to the reception in the boat, the lad in the bow oar caught a crab (we was dressed in our glad rags) the paddle and his tie somehow got hitched and he got ditched, I'm sure he made a show of it and didn't need to go in the drink but it was very funny and added to a special day.

Back on subject, a sign I saw in Australia, in a yellow triangle, showed a koala falling from a tree, It would seem that when they eat too much eucalyptus they can get drunk and fall out of the trees overhanging the road. :LOL:

Theres a self-contradicting sign in doncaster, it says 1-way, but there are arrows pointing 2 directions :LOL:

ONE WAY
<--- --->

These are good if they work; first time I've posted pics.
Canadian_Signs_1.jpg

Canadian_Signs_4.jpg

crafty1289 said:
Theres a self-contradicting sign in doncaster, it says 1-way, but there are arrows pointing 2 directions :LOL:

ONE WAY
<--- --->
like this ?
oneway.jpg

Being that time of year ......

road%20026.jpg

And just down the road from RP's

road%20008.jpg

road_078.jpg

:D :D

Not really a sign, more a notice put up by someone. Possibly even an urban legend, but since when did humour have to be true?

Apparently someone got a pen stuck inside the office printer. He tried to remove the pen, but was told by his boss that there was no time for that now. Just put a note on the printer to tell others not to use it, then phone the IT Department and report the problem.

He obediently grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. About 20 minutes later, one of the IT technical support guys arrived, went to the printer and promptly erupted in fits of laughter.

Image deliberately not placed inline - click here.

Sponsored Links
Back