Sim error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wifes mobile comes up with the above message and will only let her make emergency calls .
I have removed the sim card cleaned it and still nothing happens.
When I ring from my mobile to her mobile the number is not recognised.
Now she hardly uses it, in fact when I bought it about 30 months ago there was £20 credit on the phone.
Even now there is still about £12 credit left.
Is it possible that it has been disconnected by the server because of lack of use and if so can I reconnect.
She only needs it for emergencies.

Sponsored Links
anobium said:
Is it possible that it has been disconnected by the server because of lack of use and if so can I reconnect.
She only needs it for emergencies.

Yes, ring the server!

Yes, ring the server!

Did that.
Automated answering service which gave me an unblocking code number to put in.
But the phone will not let me put in anything.

Which handset is it? And which provider?

You need to talk to a human being really.

Often, if you don't use the phone for long periods, it will get cut off & you have to reconnect. Often there will be a charge & you may lose your number.

My missus was on T Mobile with 10 quids worth of credit & she did not use it, so they cut her off. I ring up asking for it to be re-instated. Certainly sir, but we need payment of £20.00 first.

So let me get this right, you've got £10 credit of mine, but I can't use it unless I give you £20?

Daylight robbery.

End result, she is now with Virgin, we can talk to each other cheaper & if she does not use her phone, it will get re-instated for free & she keeps her credit.

Sponsored Links
i take it youve asked them to send a cheque for the £10 to you as well?

Nope. They have refused to free up that credit unless they are paid a fee to reinstate her old sim card.

So I told them they were a bunch of robbers, and that they have lost a customer to another network.

Which they haven't, as it turned out, as Virgin piggyback off T -Mobile anyway.

Back