Simple cat deterrent alarm help please.

Pit, are birds deaf? or are you daft?
Are they going to be immune from the soundbomb?

What you are suggesting is pure stupidity, cancel your order now before it goes too far.

There are other ways of dealing with cats and birds including bird tables, mesh/netting alongside the hedge etc that are far better and not going to be as noisy. If that goes off often then your neighbours will likely be trying to obtain an asbo against you.

Sponsored Links
make it a offence to allow cats and dogs to roam the streets and crap in other peoples gardens - its a damm right disgrace that people are allowed to let cats out to roam on other peoples property.
They cause less nuisance than many of the low life that currently walk the streets.

Bird gets caught by a cat? that's life - or not - as the case may be.

Why not feed the cats with tempting tinned food. Make it easy for them to get this food without any need for physical exercise, then they will soon be too big and fat to catch birds.

Cats kill 55 million birds a year in the UK.

Get an air rifle.

Sponsored Links
Cats kill 55 million birds a year in the UK.

Get an air rifle.

What to kill the birds?

Kill a cat with an air rifle and the RSPCA will have you...

Killing birds also is a criminal offence unless they are classified as pests..

legal quarry
BIRDS: crows, rooks, jackdaws, magpies, jays, woodpigeon, collared doves, feral pigeons.
MAMMALS: brown rats, grey squirrels, stoats, mink and rabbits

Pit, are birds deaf? or are you daft?
Are they going to be immune from the soundbomb?

What you are suggesting is pure stupidity, cancel your order now before it goes too far.

There are other ways of dealing with cats and birds including bird tables, mesh/netting alongside the hedge etc that are far better and not going to be as noisy. If that goes off often then your neighbours will likely be trying to obtain an asbo against you.

Yes I am mad Matty - mad at the murder going on in our garden. I don't mind the alarm scaring the birds off when a cat comes in. The idea of this device is to let the cats know that if they enter the area they will be screamed at. This device won't be a nighttime thing, it will only be on during the day. Once the cats have learned to keep away - no more noise!

Lets look at it another way.
The battery WILL run down.
A cat/dog/badger/fox will set it off all the time ( Going to fit a PET Friendly lens?).
The PIR will not last long in that environment it is an internal one.
The PIR relays go open not closed, so how will they switch?
The sound bomb in a plastic bag will rot away internally with condensation as it is also an internal item. Putting it inside a IP rated box will make it virtually useless.
You will soon tire if it going off if you do not use something more than a £5 quid detector.
Cats kill birds, a bit of noise will not change evolution.
Feeding birds close to the ground or on items vermin can climb on encourages more vermin.
Cats will treat your and others gardens like a toilet.

I think that covers it all.
Use netting.
Use (If you have a fence), carpet gripper,or at least the anti scale plastic spikes, or fishing line across the fence. It deters not kills or maims.
Floodlights are no good, it helps them.

Lets look at it another way.
The battery WILL run down. - (I'll use a PSU or recharge the battery).
A cat/dog/badger/fox will set it off all the time ( Going to fit a PET Friendly lens?). - (Not a pet friendly one, it's a type of pet we're trying to deter),
The PIR will not last long in that environment it is an internal one. - (I'll waterproof it well enough, if it breaks down, so be it).
The PIR relays go open not closed, so how will they switch? - (I'll set up a suitable relay arrangement).
The sound bomb in a plastic bag will rot away internally with condensation as it is also an internal item. Putting it inside a IP rated box will make it virtually useless. - (I have faith it will last long enough)
You will soon tire if it going off if you do not use something more than a £5 quid detector. (I will run a switch from inside the house).
Cats kill birds, a bit of noise will not change evolution. -(Not wanting to change evolution, just want to prevent events in a certain part of our garden).
Feeding birds close to the ground or on items vermin can climb on encourages more vermin.
Cats will treat your and others gardens like a toilet. -(not had a problem with pooh and cats have been coming in for years).

I think that covers it all.
Use netting.
Use (If you have a fence), carpet gripper,or at least the anti scale plastic spikes, or fishing line across the fence. It deters not kills or maims.
Floodlights are no good, it helps them. - (I like some of these answers, but the fence the cats keep coming over is not ours)

(I like some of these answers, but the fence the cats keep coming over is not ours)
Then why not put a fence extension on your side that prevents cats who are on the top of your neighbour's wall from getting off that wall on your side of it.

cats as a pet for those who wish to own them - no problem.

them with cats. or dogs for that matter. should not be allowed to let the pets roam and crap in the street, in my garden / gardens, parks anywhere except the owners house, why should i have to inspect my garden before the kids can play in it, looking for other peoples cat crap? not to mention bugs and germs associatated with cats.

op, go 12v mains (ip rated ect) if you are intending to carry out your project.

How's this? Do I need any resistors?

StandALoneResettingPIRSoundercircuit.jpg

It is dire.
Wrong detector, wrong relay.
Wrong method.

But you carry on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back