Simple install...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, our new home has an old Accent a G3 alarm panel and old sensors, etc. This will be upgraded at some point but is fine for now apart from one PIR.

Background: The existing PIRs used are Racial Guard all Apollo D Mk2s. Three of them are wired in series but we've found that one of them keeps setting off the alarm when we re-enter due to it being too sensitive to the air movement. (It occasionally sets the alarm off while we're out too if a window is left on vent).

I know it's overkill but I've purchased a new Pyronix KX15DTAM. I'd like to use all its featured if possible but both of their PDF manuals I found online are absolutely hopeless. (In one of them it mentions a header called "MASK/ALARM EOL LINK" which I assume was meant to say "MASK/FAULT EOL".)

No doubt you'll know that there are 6 wires in the old PIR: 12v +/-, tamper NC pair and alarm NC pair.

To wire the new PIR would this be correct:

• 6 wires to the corresponding connectors
• Enable the Mask/Fault EOL header
• Dip switch 1: ON
• Dip switch 2: ON
• Dip switch 3: OFF
• Dip switch 4: ON
• Dip switch 5: ON
• Dip switch 6: ON
• Adjustment mask and microwave
dials

Job done?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back