Just how many cores for a wired burglar alarm?

That was obvious before you admitted it
It's okay, I'm not ashamed to be a DIYer. Although bullying them doesn't encourage others to join this forum :D
cutting it
This argument is beginning to circle vis a vis my other thread regarding no evidence of anyone ever tampering with a domestic burglar alarm.
an internal battery that will operate the siren

Hmm. I'm a little worried that an electronics designer has made this elementary faux pas:-
  • The internal bell box circuitry can't supply the additional 1000mA+ of current for the strobe
  • Even if it could, a strobe like myBX61 can't be electrically connected anywhere to the bell box circuitry
Some alternate thinking is required to solve this problem...

Sponsored Links
Twenty Four, is there any way you might post the wiring for your alarm sounder /strobe arrangement without compromising your security? I think that there are readers here that would be enlightened. We're pretty much off topic now anyway. I understand if it's impossible.

It's okay, I'm not ashamed to be a DIYer. Although bullying them doesn't encourage others to join this forum
Sometimes strongly worded advice can seem to be akin to bullying. Especially if the recipient would prefer to hear different advice.

This argument is beginning to circle vis a vis my other thread regarding no evidence of anyone ever tampering with a domestic burglar alarm.
There is plenty of evidence, but for various resaons it cannot be put into the public domain.

Hmm. I'm a little worried that an electronics designer has made this elementary faux pas:-
  • The internal bell box circuitry can't supply the additional 1000mA+ of current for the strobe
  • Even if it could, a strobe like myBX61 can't be electrically connected anywhere to the bell box circuitry

If the strobe was designed to be an integral part of the bell box then the designer would have made provision for the supply to the strobe.

A designer cannot add 1000mA of capacity on the off chance that someone will want to add additional items to the bell box. There are technical as well as cost reasons why that cannot happen.

Sponsored Links
It's not in his threat model of "14 year old smack head with an old screwdriver".

I suppose you'd like me to buy one of your spread spectrum (do you know what that means) wireless alarms for £5000, rather than a big padlock for my garden gate?

I don't sell alarms. £300 would get you a Pyronix Enforcer or Texecom Premier Elite, both of which use FHSS. Why would I not know what that means?

A big padlock for a garden gate wouldn't normally be a very wise purchase to improve security.

But then, I am speaking to someone who has removed tampers on an external siren.

Twenty Four, is there any way you might post the wiring for your alarm sounder /strobe arrangement without compromising your security? I think that there are readers here that would be enlightened. We're pretty much off topic now anyway. I understand if it's impossible.
Unfortunately not and I also can't comment on how it is wired as all I know is it's separate to the original bell box and strobe, is loud enough and bright enough to be heard and recognised from a fair ol' distance and dims the village when powered.

There is plenty of evidence, but for various resaons it cannot be put into the public domain.

Are you aware of the huge irony of this statement, made on the day the Chilcot report is published?

To put the evidence into public domain would make public ways to defeat alarm systems. It is clear from your postings about the "design" of your DIY alarm system that you have little if any knowledge about how to make a reliable and secure alarm system.

I'm trying to ascertain whether it's worth while putting lots of effort into wired tamper protection.

If someone doubts the need for tamper protection in a wired alarm system then it is clear that he or she has none of the knowledge essential for the design of a robust alarm system

My cat jumped onto the keyboard, and I posted a blank message that I can't now work out how to delete...

The cat jumped and you posted . So you can't blame the cat

I'm sorry that you can't see the irony, Bernard

And I am ( maybe not ) sorry you cannot see the need to tamper proof the bell / siren of an alarm system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back