Simplest solution for plumbing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combination of connections, with my new shower pump etc. I am just trying to get my head around what the simplest way to connect it all up would be. I thought I could use flexible hoses, but I think it would require too many adapters and they are not long enough.... :cry:

Anyway, just lopped off the 22mm pipe and put on compression isolation valves. Pump has 3/4" male, but is supplied with 3/4" female to 22mm pushfit.

Grohe shower is 1/2" female.

Ideally would like a flexible hose from the 22mm valve (removing compression) up to 1/2" male, but combination is unlikely.

Pump manual says to use their supplied pushfit connectors, but these go straight up and I am a bit strapped for space.

Any suggestion much appreciated. At the moment I am leaning towards 22mm compression throughout and reducing it before it goes in the shower....but I think it will be tight!

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Mark - you say flexibles aren't long enough, what distances are you wanting to span (sizes up to 1.5m are commonly available & longer ones are manufactured)? Problem with some flexies is the bore size (often smaller than you think) so might cause flow problems for your pump, ditto with some isolation valves. We always use full-bore or gate valves when dealing with pumps and showers. Maybe check your pump manual for bore sizes info. Check out the flexies that came with the pump, I bet the bores are larger than the equivilant B&Q stuff. General rule of thumb is to keep pipes as big as possible 'till the you've no choice.

What type of pump is it? Distances?

Thanks for the reply.

Its 22mm out of the floor going into a watermill wasp. As I am intending to get a double ended bath with waste in the middle, pump is (hoping) to be at the same end.

Controls for the Grohe 2000 are 1m off floor level.

I did buy a number of screwfix tails, and one 1.5m wickes tail. The screwfix ones are not very flexible at all and max length is 0.9m, but do have a reasonable range of sizes and connections.

The wickes one is 1.5m, and not braided (by metal), this only comes in 15mm and 1/2". My initial thought was two of these, and adapters (gender benders), but not sure if what I want exists.

As for the 22mm to the 3/4" pump, I think any flexible will be too tight radius, unless I take off the supplied pushfit.

Just out of interest can anybody tell me the minimum bend radius of 15mm and 22mm pipe pends? Maybe for the runs to the Grohe I can bend the pipe at 90 at the showed and 45 at the pump....then it wouldnt be such a stress on the supplied flexible hose...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back