Single skin concrete block advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im building between upright steels, ive to go up single skin 7 courses, about 2.8 span on each one, its for a large shed,told the customer to go with a soap bar( 6" block) on its flat, but was told no my question is this, ive built the first 4 courses today, can i build the remaining 3 on top tomorro or should i wait a day more, cheers

Sponsored Links
And another quicky if you dont mind, ive to go up 6ft 6 along two flanks, and it will be butting onto a door, i am concerned this is just too high, and also that as one end will be used for the door frame, a single skin open ended flank is not advisable and that a pier is necessary to support the adjoining door, am i right? I know i sound like a novice but i build garden wall type stuff and do landscaping walls as a rule which is never single skin, this job is more a favour cos they cant get anyone at short notice, thanks

Sponsored Links
Was just gonna double a block and tie them each course, a full pier isnt wanted by the customer, but im sure you think it is better, is there any method for a pier apart from a full block width, im not spending half a day cutting 3/4s lol

Two blocks back to back on edge is sufficent then with ties? for 6 ft 6 wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back