Single Storey Extension on Sloping Ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone!

I have scoured this thread for answers to my planning query - which is around from which point we measure the eaves height for our proposed single-storey rear extension (Double pitch roof). Our property is located on flat ground, however the garden slope down! The ground slopes downward from the end of the patio to the end of the garden" as in the side view below.

Side view.gif

Level A is same all around the house and level B is where my extension finishes in the garden. The proposed extension is shown by Blue lines in the plan view

Plan.jpg

The issue we are having is from where we can take our maximum 3m eaves measurement when planning the 6-meter extension - We hope for our application to fall under PD, however the planning dept. at the local council invalidated the drawings which sent in as the eaves height is too large. They seemed to completely overlook the sloping ground here?

I hope the diagrams I have included make sense
C:\Users\ksara\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
If we took the eaves height to be 3m at the level B, that would give us a height of 2.5m at the start of the extension in that diagram.

Absolutely any help and guidance you could provide a noob in need would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
How much scouring was done? o_O

Highest ground level next to the proposed extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back