Single storey flat roof to pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Me again with my planning questions!

I have a single storey flat roof extension at the back of the house, and as I am getting some work done currently(will negotiate a good price), I'm planning to convert this into a pitch roof-due to the fact that the felt is nearly 30years old and of course the insulation is poor.

My question is where do I stand in terms of planning/building regs? Is this a job that can be carried out under PD or will I require plans? Also if anyone has any info regarding building regs requirements for new pitched roofs that would be appreciated

Thanks in advanced!

Sponsored Links
Whether or not you need planning permission depends on how big the extension is, how high the pitched roof will end up, and possibly how close to the boundary it is, so not possible to tell from your brief description.
It would need a Building Regs application, but you do not necessarily have to get plans drawn for this, as long as you/your builder know what you are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back