Single Story Extension costs / Loft conversions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Wonder if anyone can help me.

We have the space to convert the loft and also build a single story extension onto our garage (which has double footings already) however I want to do one or other 1st then do the other one at a later date.

Can anyone advise about what would be a better choice to do 1st?

Also, anyone know rough costings for either or how to work out costings?
I have read on the net I should be looking at approx £1000 per m2 but is that the same if the garage extension already has the footings and doesn't require any groundwork?

The house is 1950's and semi detached 3 bedroom. Both neighbours have done BOTH extensions; loft and above garage, with no problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Wonder if anyone can help me...........anyone know rough costings for either or how to work out costings........
Both neighbours have done BOTH extensions; loft and above garage, with no problems........Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
:idea: Speak to the neighbours. :idea:

Can anyone advise about what would be a better choice to do 1st?
If adding another storey to the garage interferes or influences any work to do with the existing roof, i.e. the one you want to convert into a loft, then do the extension prior to the conversion.

....or do them in stages so that you can scaffold the lot and do it as one big project.

Sponsored Links
Fair point.....would probably need to do the extension 1st to extend the loft space....didn't think of that one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back