Single Story Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garaged attached to a 3 bed semi. I am looking to replace the flat roof garage with a pitched tiled roof, knock the kitchen wall out through into the garage and provide a downstairs shower room. Part of the job will be to build the garage and porch out 2 metres from the front of the house.

I've been told I don't need planning permission from an architect but I'm not so sure as I've found the following on the planning portal

An extension or addition to your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:

No extension forward of the principal elevation or side elevation fronting a highway.

Could anyone clarify this for me please

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You're right, he's wrong steve. You can't do it under PD - you need to apply for planning permission.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for confirming it. He did contact me today to say I would need planning after checking but I'd have thought he would have known that in the first place :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back