sink pedastel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im about to fit a new sink with a pedatel, do i need to bed the sink on to the pedastel with any sort of putty

Sponsored Links
Yes. Plumbers Mait is the right kind of stuff.

pedastel pedatel or even pedastal ,Plumbers mait is crap who the heck uses it only good 4 firing out the end o bit pipe at the apprentices butt {doesnt half sting} slap some silicon on it son

petetheleak said:
Plumbers mait is rubbish who the heck uses it
I do. When it's the right thing to use.

So why do you even carry it if it's no good?

Sponsored Links
wittoner said:
im about to fit a new sink with a pedatel, do i need to bed the sink on to the pedastel with any sort of putty

No, your `sink` is probably a wash basin in your bathroom. If you bolt your washbasin correctly to the wall then you will be fine. (Unknown to most plumbers the pedestal is there to hide unsightly pipes & not to support the wash basin)... ;)

Some basins have pathetic fixings (2 screw holes at he edge of the ceramic) that hold against the wall and nothing else
I use silicone personally..but thats just my preference

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here actually hide any pipe work in the pedestal?

Only the trap and part of the waste pipe - you can't realistically hide the tap hot/cold supplies in the pedestal, but by careful placing you can of course limit how much they're in yer face.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back