sink pedestal angle-grind?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody ever angle-ground a slot out of the bottom of a bathroom sink pedestal ? Is it possible without shattering it?

My problem is in replacing an existing one. The new one fits about 3 cm closer to the wall at the base, but there is a tiled boxing hiding pipework all along the foot of the wall.

Either I would have to cut into this boxing without breaking the surrounding tilework - and I don't know exactly how near the front the pipes are - or cut a notch out of the back of pedestal foot.

Not sure I want to do either, but need to do something. I don't want to cause myself any more work than absolutely necessary, but one thing ALWAYS leads to another in my experience.

I have used angle-grinders on brick, slabs and tiles before with varying success, but not sure about porcelein.

Sponsored Links
Yep, no problem. Often necessary on WC pans to get the exhaust out sideways. I use a diamond disc but it maes little difference on tiles etc. Go for it!

Thanks for the confidence booster Chris - worked like a charm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back