sink

Insurance companies dont send anyone out to check unles it is more than £1000 these days.
I'll drive up to Lancashire and fit it it for £9,999.00
That's a penny under TEN grand????

OOps! I was watching Claudia on Strictly and stuck too many big ones in. But the price still stands.

It's a bargain.
Can you do one for me anytime soon ?.

Sure. You get a 10pc discount if you are over 65

Sponsored Links
hi the wife has just broke the sink (cleaning) need to get a new one. should i claim on my insurance (£60 excess) think the sink is approx £95. does it work like car insurance and my premium will go up ?

Play them at their own game.

Go out and get a better sink (the more expensive the better)

Play them at their own game.

Get the sink fitted.

Insurance companies dont send anyone out to check unles it is more than £1000 these days.

Then- when you get it done- change your ins company-,. Shop around.

You are forgetting that if you change/take out new insurance you have to declare if you have made any claims or have any outstanding claims. Failure to do so will render your insurance null and void as all claims are sent to a central registry to try and wipe this practice out. If you are caught you can be prosecuted for attempted fraud and will find it very difficult to get insurance in the future or if you do it will be at a higher premium.
As I said, is it worth it for £30?
And people who practice this, or even advocate it, should be denied any insurance cover for anything! As Chapeau says, its the honest people like us who pay for the likes of you lot. You are no better than lazy dole-ites who want everything for free.

Hang on a minuto senior,
Who said anything about fraud ?.
Maybe you are associating with the wrong people in the wrong places?.

Who on earth is gonna come out and take a look at your sink and then go order one same size and then go back to your house and fit it ? Of course 'also' you wont want the manky old 'trap' on a new sink-- or the worn out waste, plug and water connections ? do you ?.
ALL FOR £95 /? I think not.
£750 ish seems about right to me .

The OP stated a new sink is about £95 He never said anything about someone come out to size it, buy it and then fit it.
And if you read the small print of your insurance you should see somewhere that replacements are 'like-for-like' or as near as practicably possible. Not for a super-dooper upgrade because you were fed up with the original.
Lets make a comparison with car insurance, as that was mentioned in the OP's post.
If you trash your mini cooper and claimed on your insurance, (forget about the assessor coming out to verify it), would you expect the insurance company to pay you out enough to up grade to a BMW?
And as for the dole comment, I was not suggesting you were a dole-ite. I was stating that with that attitude you are no better than one by expecting something at the expense of others.
But then there you go again, casting all scousers as dole-ites. You are such a sad man with a limited perception of the world.

What you will find is the ones who do insurance fraud are also the ones who threaten schoolteachers......wonderful role models :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
On the whole I think that there's a place for attacking the argument and not insulting the poster him/herself. There's an old Texan saying "when you throw dirt, you lose ground".

The argument to overinflate a claim is, of course, morally repugnant since it's advocating theft. It is also short sighted since the claimant himself and his family and friends will end up paying for his greed. The only likely winners will be the insurers themselves since they will increase premiums and when large money floats about, those who play with it always feather their nests first.

I can well believe it.

Conny, if you look at the thread low acheavers there are certain folk who say they made a threat to teachers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... I wont mention his name but quite a few members on here have tried to point him in the right direction but he thinks everybody is against him

I can well believe it.

Conny, if you look at the thread low acheavers there are certain folk who say they made a threat to teachers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... I wont mention his name but quite a few members on here have tried to point him in the right direction but he thinks everybody is against him

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Just to clarify calorifics comment. I was not attacking/insulting the OP I was commenting on the advocacy of misleading the insurance company in an effort to obtain a higher price than should have been legally allowed.

Just to clarify calorifics comment. I was not attacking/insulting the OP I was commenting on the advocacy of misleading the insurance company in an effort to obtain a higher price than should have been legally allowed.
That is indeed very clear and we're in agreement. ;)

That would be Peterperfection. Also made a veiled threat of violence against lorry drivers in another thread. Comes over a bit of a thug, also says he is wanted by the Yanks, advocates insurance fraud, defends Jimmy Savile. What next?

He declares that he sits on Gods right hand each night when he sits down for tea?
Oh no, he goes out for tea most nights doesn't he. (But somehow still manages to post in here when he is supposed to be out. :rolleyes: )

He declares that he sits on Gods right hand each night when he sits down for tea?
Oh no, he goes out for tea most nights doesn't he. (But somehow still manages to post in here when he is supposed to be out. :rolleyes: )
He tends to be going out for tea when he's losing the arguement which lets face it is all of the time :LOL: .

Sometimes I sit on gods left-- it just depends if John The Baptist is there at the time . :cry:
Thank you for your kind comments though. :)

Just to clear something up though- for those who are having their 'daily dig' at me.
I would not for one minute advocate diddling a insurance company- quite the opposite indeed.
We all know that certain members of the building trade 'rub their hands' as soon as INSURANCE is mentioned . (enough said about that).
Here is a example
Around 14 years ago some idiot bumped into the back of my previous van whilst I was stationary-My van was 10 years old. He dented my bumper a bit . I got out of my van and had a word with him. He was the most obnoxious person anyone could wish to meet .
I was going to let it drop until he started mouthing off --but he got worse.
He then told me what to do- and drove off. I took his number and called police.
I heard back from police- I was also given other guys insurance details. -Police said I should take my car to a garage for repairs. So I did .
They had my van for 3 weeks . They arranged a hire van for me whilst my 'little bump' was being repaired.
Garage were pressing me to 'their ' solicitor and claim whiplash. (I didn't).
When I got my van back --it had a new bumper and a new panel under the bumper.
I also received a copy of the bill for the cost of hiring a replacement van for 3 weeks .
£2200 for the hire van
£1700 to repair my van
and some other obscure bill for almost another £1000.

My van was 10 years old --it was worth maybe £700 at that time .

All above ws because it was insurance !!!

I contacted insurance company and gave them the real facts --but they were not at all interested .
I gave up and accepted that is how they work.

All I had was a little 'ding' on my bumper .

Sponsored Links
Back