sink

I would not for one minute advocate diddling a insurance company- quite the opposite indeed..
So what does this mean:
Play them at their own game.

Go out and get a better sink (the more expensive the better)

Get the sink fitted.

Insurance companies dont send anyone out to check unles it is more than £1000 these days.
That looks like advocating a diddle to me. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I would not for one minute advocate diddling a insurance company- quite the opposite indeed..
So what does this mean:

Get the sink fitted.

Insurance companies dont send anyone out to check unles it is more than £1000 these days.

Stop being paranoid --
What if Op was disabled and couldnt go out- get a sink and fit it himself ??
Just think about it 'he pays his insurance' for such emergences.
How much do you think it would cost him if he got a plumber to come out, go source a compatible sink, return to OPs house and fit it (remove old sink, clean up worktop edges, re-seal etc etc) and maybe have to change a few fittings ???.
All that is the best part of a full day .

I DID NOT say- it would COST A GRAND-- did I ?.
But- would a plumber go through all that for a few hundred quid -- supply and fit ??.
Wake up man .

Quite a rant there :rolleyes:
I was merely pointing out that you were advocating trying to diddle a claim by getting the most expensive sink instead of a like-for-like. This contradicts your statement.

The supply and fit is of course a legitimate part of the claim and nobody is saying otherwise. What is costs the insurance company is nothing to do with the op, but claiming for (for example) a Belfast sink to replace a cheap stainless steel one is fraud. And that's the principle you favour, and that's why it's repugnant.

It's not me that paranoid, old boy. Regrettably you don't seem to have the courage to admit that you're in error :rolleyes:

Just to clear something up though- for those who are having their 'daily dig' at me.
I would not for one minute advocate diddling a insurance company- quite the opposite indeed.
We all know that certain members of the building trade 'rub their hands' as soon as INSURANCE is mentioned . (enough said about that).
Here is a example
Around 14 years ago some idiot bumped into the back of my previous van whilst I was stationary-My van was 10 years old. He dented my bumper a bit . I got out of my van and had a word with him. He was the most obnoxious person anyone could wish to meet .
I was going to let it drop until he started mouthing off --but he got worse.
He then told me what to do- and drove off. I took his number and called police.
I heard back from police- I was also given other guys insurance details. -Police said I should take my car to a garage for repairs. So I did .
They had my van for 3 weeks . They arranged a hire van for me whilst my 'little bump' was being repaired.
Garage were pressing me to 'their ' solicitor and claim whiplash. (I didn't).
When I got my van back --it had a new bumper and a new panel under the bumper.
I also received a copy of the bill for the cost of hiring a replacement van for 3 weeks .
£2200 for the hire van
£1700 to repair my van
and some other obscure bill for almost another £1000.

My van was 10 years old --it was worth maybe £700 at that time .

All above ws because it was insurance !!!

I contacted insurance company and gave them the real facts --but they were not at all interested .
I gave up and accepted that is how they work.

All I had was a little 'ding' on my bumper .
No need to explain we all know by your post's you've got a little ding :LOL:

Sponsored Links
One problem with doing work through an insurance company is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get paid.

Quite a rant there :rolleyes:
I was merely pointing out that you were advocating trying to diddle a claim by getting the most expensive sink instead of a like-for-like. This contradicts your statement.

The supply and fit is of course a legitimate part of the claim and nobody is saying otherwise. What is costs the insurance company is nothing to do with the op, but claiming for (for example) a Belfast sink to replace a cheap stainless steel one is fraud. And that's the principle you favour, and that's why it's repugnant.

It's not me that paranoid, old boy. Regrettably you don't seem to have the courage to admit that you're in error :rolleyes:

You talk so much crap at times .

So what does this mean:

Get the sink fitted.

Haven't you got it yet cally ?
NOBODY cares what YOU think.
You and your buddies always think the worst.
Get a life

Sponsored Links
Back