sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi the wife has just broke the sink (cleaning) need to get a new one. should i claim on my insurance (£60 excess) think the sink is approx £95. does it work like car insurance and my premium will go up ?

Sponsored Links
It will certainly go against you when it comes to renewal time.
Is it worth it for £30? I wouldn't think so.

hi the wife has just broke the sink (cleaning) need to get a new one. should i claim on my insurance (£60 excess) think the sink is approx £95. does it work like car insurance and my premium will go up ?

Play them at their own game.

Go out and get a better sink (the more expensive the better)

Get the sink fitted.

Insurance companies dont send anyone out to check unles it is more than £1000 these days.

Then- when you get it done- change your ins company-,. Shop around.

It's honest people like me who pay extra for the criminal behaviour you espouse.

So was it fraud the Yanks wanted to extradite you for?

Sponsored Links

Get the sink fitted.

Insurance companies dont send anyone out to check unles it is more than £1000 these days.

You are forgetting that if you change/take out new insurance you have to declare if you have made any claims or have any outstanding claims. Failure to do so will render your insurance null and void as all claims are sent to a central registry to try and wipe this practice out. If you are caught you can be prosecuted for attempted fraud and will find it very difficult to get insurance in the future or if you do it will be at a higher premium.
As I said, is it worth it for £30?
And people who practice this, or even advocate it, should be denied any insurance cover for anything! As Chapeau says, its the honest people like us who pay for the likes of you lot. You are no better than lazy dole-ites who want everything for free.

Get the sink fitted.

I'll drive up to Lancashire and fit it it for £9,999.00

Get the sink fitted.

You are forgetting that if you change/take out new insurance you have to declare if you have made any claims or have any outstanding claims. Failure to do so will render your insurance null and void as all claims are sent to a central registry to try and wipe this practice out. If you are caught you can be prosecuted for attempted fraud and will find it very difficult to get insurance in the future or if you do it will be at a higher premium.
And people who practice this, or even advocate it, should be denied any insurance cover for anything! As Chapeau says, its the honest people like us who pay for the likes of you lot. You are no better than lazy dole-ites who want everything for free.

Hang on a minuto senior,
Who said anything about fraud ?.
Maybe you are associating with the wrong people in the wrong places?.

Who on earth is gonna come out and take a look at your sink and then go order one same size and then go back to your house and fit it ? Of course 'also' you wont want the manky old 'trap' on a new sink-- or the worn out waste, plug and water connections ? do you ?.
ALL FOR £95 /? I think not.
£750 ish seems about right to me .

Get the sink fitted.

NEVER BEEN ON THE DOLE IN MY LIFE CONNY.
Sounds rich indeed- coming from a micky mouser :mad:

Forgot to say- where I live- insurance rates are far cheaper than where YOU live buddy. Must be a reason for that .

Yhe Good idea.
I'm off to bed now -- another early start tomorrow - 10-30 am . Got a full 3 hours work ahead of me . I hope I can cope .

Sponsored Links
Back