siren battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the back up battery in my reson8 bell box. The battery is a 6v 280mah battery. The place where I can get a replacement is out of stock. They have 7.2 v 320mah in stock though. Would this be suitable or would the extra voltage cause a problem. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not much more money just to buy a new box off eBay !

If it was my own, I would try but not a customers.

Thanks for reply Bonni. Will have a look for a new box. Old one looks a bit weathered now.

Just on the same subject Bonni, is it possible to take the battery out and just run on the mains power with no siren back up battery while I wait for a new siren to be delivered or would that trigger a fault?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply sparkymarka. What would be fine? Original post about battery voltage or running system with no battery for few days waiting for new bell box. Cheers.

Thanks for replying sparkymarka. I will take battery out. At least the LED's will still be on as a deterrent.

Replace that bell ! I had a few go 'bang' on me when they got the sun on them!

Replace that bell ! I had a few go 'bang' on me when they got the sun on them!
Thanks for reply madman. I've already ordered one for delivery. Could you elaborate on the fault with them in sunlight. My house is south facing so on the odd occasions we get the sun, it would be directly onto box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back