Sister tool brands, needing info for spare parts.

Only brought the drill due to the fact I got fed up of changing bits over from pre drilling to a screwdriver bits.

I don’t like B&Q or Screwfix, but when given a table saw or mitre from them has allowed me to do more. But less professional finishes which is more than okay when doing stuff that isn’t going to be seen.

due to my autism and disabilities, I can hardly get to the shed to do all of the jobs that I want or need to do. So, luckily these tools are more than capable with a few updates to them, example the table saw that I have, has the worst fence I have ever seen, so I have made a new one, just need to attach it, as soon as I can find a t-track tooth saw ratchet type thing to connect and keep it square. Also there is no usable measure system on it.

e a easy fix right?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For a couple of cheap tools I have that are 18v, when their batteries went knackered I bought some plastic mounts designed to take my Bosch pro batteries, then hollowed out the failed batteries and soldered the Bosch shaped adapter to the terminals

I've also pulled the same trick on a non-pro Bosch tool where the battery is slightly different mounting wise; the Bosch non-pro battery now has a pro receptacle on the bottom and the two batteries work in parallel for a 150% longer run time

Blank Bosch adaptor, about 8 quid
78C936F4-2DC5-4B04-BCBA-789365F34C86.jpeg

One mounted on a no-name battery (failed, gutted and innards removed):
F36FC32C-1A78-41FA-A00A-71145D4038D3.jpeg

Mounted on a working Bosch battery (more capacity; the all4 charger will charge both batts if they're connected):
1B325D57-C044-4DE1-A3B6-0B0607F5397E.jpeg 48EA7A6C-9B4C-4C76-BF73-FD5B80E82FA2.jpeg

Edit: Massive edit and error reported on my first post.

So, A quick story how I broke the jigsaw, I took the blade out, but it wasn't coming out easily, so I took it and put it in my fence/gate and used leverage, as the bolts are difficult to align again if taken fully out, so, I managed to get the blade out, when I saw 4 bits fly over the 6ft garden fence over into the bushes. I go to my nearest DIY store, thinking that they should sell the bits that came out, mostly the bolts and a bracket holding the blade in, luckily, I found the bracket on the floor, the day I went to get a replacement bit. I didn't bring the leaflet or any information regarding what brand, or model of anything, I just had the small bracket, thinking that any bolt that fits in here should work nicely, and they should know if anything else is missing, as I saw 4 bits fly over the fence. The man who seemed clueless, looked on his iPad or tablet, said that there are carbon springs that are required, else the blade wont move, the carbon springs put force on the blade and it moves it. He said that any place that sells any type of motors, will stock the carbon springs that I need.

We then go to a few car stores near by, thinking that they should sell them as they do motor parts, (plus this one store we went to a few weeks earlier, I saw them there.) anyway, we go to the store, explain what we were now after, and they seemed confused and said that we should go to a store called, Elliotts who were extremely helpful, and said that If we need carbon springs, for this jigsaw, at the prices and ease of fixing, it would be cheaper and a lot easier to either buy a new Jigsaw, or contact Silverline and see if they can repair it. This got me thinking more, and this weekend, I looked up and browsed the store, Solent tools as suggested here, and I came across a video on someone repairing or replacing the carbon springs, and he took the jigsaw apart, and it was heavily suggested it was put in behind the motor.

I now think that I don't need the carbon springs, and although I saw 4 things fly over the fence, it must only be the bolts. maybe broken bolts, I am still unsure. So, can you confirm or disprove my thinking here.

So, you have a Jigsaw, the bit that moves up and down, there is a bracket, bolts holding the bracket, and as far as I can tell, that is it. All videos I have seen so far, says don't take the bolts out, just loosen them. If I am wrong, and the carbon springs do go in here, it would seems that all the jigsaws that I have seen with this system, are the same size, so should be an easy fix right?

Sponsored Links
For a couple of cheap tools I have that are 18v, when their batteries went knackered I bought some plastic mounts designed to take my Bosch pro batteries, then hollowed out the failed batteries and soldered the Bosch shaped adapter to the terminals

I've also pulled the same trick on a non-pro Bosch tool where the battery is slightly different mounting wise; the Bosch non-pro battery now has a pro receptacle on the bottom and the two batteries work in parallel for a 150% longer run time

Blank Bosch adaptor, about 8 quid
View attachment 293521

One mounted on a no-name battery (failed, gutted and innards removed):
View attachment 293523

Mounted on a working Bosch battery (more capacity; the all4 charger will charge both batts if they're connected):
View attachment 293520 View attachment 293522

Hello, At the moment, all my batteries are working in perfect order, and no issues with them. When we do any DIY stuff at home, even though its only a £30 tool that we use as a screwdriver, it lasts hours, with no problems. Its only when I am having a better day with my pain management I want to carry on doing stuff, but even though its only an hour quick charge system, if I stop and wait for the battery to be charged enough to carry on, my body seizes up and I can't do anything else that day... possible weeks, without having to take the full dosage of Morphine, of which I try and keep it to a minimum and when I need sleep.

I have started to look at getting someone with a 3D printer to print myself an adapter for this drill, that will allow me to use the "all for one" battery system... Like those adverts that say get the tool, battery free, cheaper, and have 1 battery for all the tools... interchangeable batteries for all the tools they provide. I think this is by Ryobi but unsure...

When the weather is on my side, and been dry for a few days (I like to do everything outside if I can), I normally try and get up between 10:30am, and 12:30pm, I then take my pain medication, do a bit if "research" to refresh my memory and plans that I thought of nights before from YouTube, and then plan everything out, and by this time, I start about 2pm, I do as much as I can, but the drill screwdriver ends up loosing power by 6pm, and our main drill will keep going all day (bigger battery - with a spare battery).

However, I have problems physically, and mental health issues, so I can only do stuff when Pain is less than a 7/10, and mental health better than 3/10, then adding the weather to this, I try and keep going as long as I can, and having a spare battery will help me get projects done faster and easier.

I don't want to spend loads of money on tools that wont get used enough, if I am able to do more DIY stuff in the future I will be more than happy to spend more on either upgrading my current tools, or buy a set of new semi-pro tools. But first, I need to get used to the workings of the more dangerous power tools, as I don't want to get a tool that is £200+ and either break it, do things wrong as I will have 0% experience on using the tools, finding tools too dangerous for my liking (like a multi-tool, a rotary tool (aka Dremel))

Also, I don't know if they are any good now days, but I do have about 3 "floors" of a double Garage, full of my Grandfather's tools, who passed away back in 1991... apparently left me all of it, which has nearly everything you could ask for, from Mechanical/automotive/engineering tools - to woodworking tools - work benches - blacksmithing - Gardening tools - and loads more. ( I Just turned 3 when he died, and I saw the tools he left me back around 2006... about 10 years after my nan died. My uncle who isn't a good man, lives in the house, and has all of it. My Granddad was a Royal Marine, and became an Royal Marine Engineer, and had the ability to fix anything the military put towards him, and his tool collection allowed him to do this after he left the military. I have no idea if his tools are any good compared to tools you get these days.

So, yes basically, I have some cheap non pro tools, that will and do allow me to be able to get stuff done, with very little problems after a few "upgrades" its even better. The only problem I have had with the drill that is my fault really, is somehow fusing the chuck plastic together with a screwdriver bit inside, and no real way to open it, without going though the gear box. It now has a metal chuck and there are no more problems here. (I did manage to get the screwdriver bit out, but somehow the chuck wouldn't unscrew, I think I broke it trying to get the screwdriver bit out.

As this is a drill that's cheap, and only used to screw in screws, one day when financial crisis is over, and supply comes back to normal levels I do plan to get a impact driver, based on project farm YouTube channel testing what's better for what tasks, (good channel, that lets you see how good DIY products are, and the torque test channel from YouTube which tests impact wrenches mostly, but how powerful the tools really are over what the manufacturer say, and charts each tool, on price, size, power etc... again a good watch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back