Site update

DIYnot

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well the new forum is up and running at last, all the existing posts have been converted to the new format.

The user information has also been converted to a new format as well.

The auction has now gone, all information that was held about users for the auction will be deleted (address, phone etc).

If you spot any problems then I'd appreciate it if you let us know. You can reply to this message, although if you prefer you can email [email protected].

There will also be further updates to the forum in the near future (image upload in posts etc).

Every registered user now has a publicy visible profile, all existing users by default have any personal details hidden from the public, the only information visible is username and country. This can be amended by logging in and going to MyDIYnot.

Once again any problems please let us know.

Have fun.... :D

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to draw diagrams from applications such as Word and include them with the posts now??

We will be adding that feature fairly soon, at the though moment individual users can't.

However, in the mean time any diagrams people wish to include in posts, if you attach them to an email and send them to [email protected], along with the topic no. or address where you wish to post it on the forum we will then add them manually.

Hello to the admin team yes i do like the new facilities, one thing, after a post is posted could you make it so that you go back to the post you did rather than the option of going back or the forum i also like the bit about changing the text colour and not to mention images, the preview bit is very good too, good luck and best wishes

Regards

Sponsored Links
just a note, i changed my profile and signature, selected make viewable but yet it has not appeared, oh it has now :D could you also move the "cancel my subscription completly" down a line or two, i can see that being pressed easily in error.

Breezer, I take your point about the cancel subscription link, I'll move it soon.

As for the link after you post, I'll look into it.

Glad everone will have to sign in username. Got very confusing where Anonymous replies to Anonymous repeatedly. Slowed up reading.

Hope people stick to black. Much easier to read than multicolour format on a coloured background.

Like to echo the comments about having to have a sign-in name. This forum often used to look like a virtual masked ball!

Also like this :oops: emoticon - I'd not noticed it before, but have a feeling I'll be using it a lot!

I found this site by accident and posted a question which was answered in ten minutes, brilliant, my thanks to DIYnot .com and Breezer.

I hope this the right place for this question.

Can I post photos on a thread?

Thanks
Andy

You can post photos that are hosted elsewhere, you can not currently post a photo to this forum, although it is a feature we are considering incorporating in the future.

In the mean time, you can email the photo to [email protected] and I can put it on here and send you the link so you can incorporate it / refer to it in a thread.

:LOL:

i just wanted to say a big THANK YOU :p to diynot team for changing the elctrics to U.K. Electrics, hopefully this will stop too much confusion

Like to add on to that,is it not possible to update the home page slightly so you can see where to post your topic?

I think most people have their screen setting on say 1024 x 768 pixels resolution and if you don't scroll down the page you cannot see plumbing/electric etc section onward.I know we should know these thing but people end up putting electric or plumbing problems in the diy section as they think that the only one they can put the topic in.Maybe a message at top for electric/plumbing problems please scroll down to bottom or whatever.

i second that:cool: it is annoying having wrong posts in wrong forums

I would just like to say that this is an excellant site and the best DIY forum I have come accross. I hope in the future your tools/materials section will expand as I think this would be most helpfull and that more people choose to advetise with you as I only found one builder in my area.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back