Forum Search

Just done an advanced search for the Exact Phrase: "cold radiator" (with and without quotes) in the Plumbing and Central Heating Forum.

It returned the following:

Your search - ("") forum_id:7 - did not match any documents.

What does this mean? :confused: I would expect to see the search term within the quotes!

But when I did an All The Words search for "cold radiator" it returned plenty of results containing both words and, guess what, the second one contained the phrase "cold radiator".

Sponsored Links
Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it and get back to you :)

I no longer use the search function as it is of no use. I put in "Ravenheat" and I have to trawl thru ancient threads to see if there is anything new. The results should come in as newest first!

This was a backward step!!

i know that, you know that, 607 other people know that...................

Sponsored Links
DavidJW:
This problem has now been fixed, it will now search for exact phrases correctly.

Vinno:
As I have mentioned before, sorting of the results is something that is on its way. However one step toward that is if you use the Advanced Search, you can limit the search to either all posts, posts in the last 3 months or posts in the last 1 year.

Searches which are limited to 3 months or 1 year will be ordered newest date first to a certain extent.
Searching of the every posts ever made will also be ordered newest first once the re-indexing is complete (should be tomorrow morning).

Thank you both for your comments, they are useful to us and we will act on them. :D

Any further comments welcome.... (constructive criticism preferred ;) )

still dont like it, bring the old one back.

try this.

i want to find the post by me, that shows the inside of my old HP w/m

but i cant remember what it is called.

with at least one of the words i type in hotpoint

Search within appliances (obviously)

Return results written by me (breezer)

result is 111 articles, old seach facility, it was about halfway down the first or 2nd page

also number of possible pages is 17, but in reality it is only 12

DIYnot said:
Searches which are limited to 3 months or 1 year will be ordered newest date first to a certain extent.
Searching of the every posts ever made will also be ordered newest first once the re-indexing is complete (should be tomorrow morning).
Before tomorrow morning said:
...old seach facility, it was about halfway down the first or 2nd page
:idea:

i dont trust admin when they say those imortal words "should be", besides its a waste of time, try what i suggested, the oldest post it found by me was 2004, so if it was going to find it, it would have, since i only joined in 2004

breezer said:
i dont trust admin when they say those imortal words "should be"...
But you still tried using the feature. Presumably just so that you could have a go at Admin. :rolleyes:

not at all, its there, so i used it, if it didnt work as its supposed to, why do i see posts from 2004?

breezer said:
not at all, its there, so i used it
It's been there every day for months, but you didn't post about it every day. :rollL:

if it didnt work as its supposed to, why do i see posts from 2004?
I have no idea. I also have no idea why it's the slightest bit important.

i thought that is waht you were having a dig about, and the forum search has been updated, thats why i tested it

Bottom line: you used a feature that you had no reason to expect to work, and told Admin something we all already know, for a reason that remains an utter mystery.

as it happens i did expect it to work, becasue i never noticed the bit you pointed out that says tomorrow, :oops: untill of course you pointed it out.

and i still want to find the post with my washing m/c, and as i also said it does bring up post by me form 2004

also admin said "As I have mentioned before, sorting of the results is something that is on its way. However one step toward that is if you use the Advanced Search, you can limit the search to either all posts, posts in the last 3 months or posts in the last 1 year. "

i never set that bit

Sponsored Links
Back