Suggestions for improvements to DIYnot.com

Is it not possible to have the "Forum Search" & the "Forum Search by Author" together which should narrow the search(?)

Sponsored Links
It is possible, the Forum Search by Author, is purely a search by author name, it is not possible to search for a word/words that an author has used. The results of Forum Search by Author are in chronological order, with most recent first.

To search for a word an author has used, use the forum search and use for example the following query: query author:diynot

So consider these examples (the query you type into the forum search is in bold):

photo - this will search for all appearances of the word photo, written by anyone.

photo author:diynot - this will search for all appearances of the word photo written by DIYnot.

Hi Diynot,

Just a thought, I did have a wireless doorbell problem but I have solved it now, would it be an idea to upgrade it here for doorbells problem as I wouldn't know where to put the question.

Alarms & Telephones
Questions, comments and problems about alarms, security alarms, fire alarms or telephones, telephone wiring, telephone extensions etc.

Could the buttons

View previous topic :: View next topic

Be added below the last posting to save having to scroll to the top after reading the last post.

And moved to the left hand side to keep them in view when a wide post pushes them out of sight to the right

Sponsored Links
Hi. Have just joined and have a suggestion (sorry, I'm not picking holes, it's a great forum you have here and I look forward to being a part of it!).

How about having a welcome forum? For new members to say hello and post a bit about themselves?

Just a thought.

Matt

material.buyer said:
How about having a welcome forum? For new members to say hello and post a bit about themselves?
If you do that you'll regret it later on. :evil:

Softus said:
material.buyer said:
If you do that you'll regret it later on. :evil:

Thats true :D I shall respect the wisdom of your 10,000+ status and get back in my box ;)

Softus said:
Ooh, no; there's nothing wrong with getting of the box. Just be careful you you let peer inside. ;)

Thats the problem, every bugger wants to see inside my box ;)

:D

Instead of this topic which can run into pages after pages which also drop down the list. How about another forum for Suggestions...Have an idea for us to improve the website?

Suggestions too numerous to read through so if this suggestion has already been made then I'm sorry. When there are literally hundreds of replies to a posting and I want to get to, say, page 91, is there a facility whereby I can look up the posting and key in page 91. If not, why not?

Suggestions too numerous to read through so if this suggestion has already been made then I'm sorry. When there are literally hundreds of replies to a posting and I want to get to, say, page 91, is there a facility whereby I can look up the posting and key in page 91.
No.

If not, why not?
There isn't the demand for it.

OOI, which topic have you found that has 91 pages of replies? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back