Suggestions for improvements to DIYnot.com

DIYnot

Staff member
Joined
17 Aug 2001
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
634
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)

We are always looking to improve aspects of the website and we would very much like to hear from anyone with any suggestions they think would improve the forum (e.g. new forum sections), wiki or website as a whole.

You can either reply below or you can email [email protected]

Many thanks :D
 
Sponsored Links
A couple at the moment!

The advertising on the right side of the screen doesn’t open a new window which can be a bit annoying

I would also like to see another forum for Alarm, Telephone and maybe bell system separated from the Electric forum

A kitchen forum?
 
masona said:
A kitchen forum?

I think this would confuse people would put
Im tiling a kitchen
or
My Cooker how do I wire it

Just my thoughts.
 
Sponsored Links
DIYnot said:
Hello :)

We are always looking to improve aspects of the website and we would very much like to hear from anyone with any suggestions they think would improve the forum (e.g. new forum sections), wiki or website as a whole.

You can either reply below or you can email [email protected]

Many thanks :D
Better late than never. Good on ya William. ;)
 
Here's one then. Why when you move a thread from one forum to another is there always a copy of it left in the forum it was moved from? What's the point in leaving it there if you want it moved?

Being able to use avatars would be nice.
 
Place the selector bars for 'view new messages first' and post dates at the top so you dont have to scroll alll the way down to get to it.

Otherwise not a bad site, though a bit to nanny'ish with the swearing ;)
 
I think once a year we should have a party, spend some of the money raised from the google adverts, then we could get to meet up and beat up some of the squirts that are rude to use now and then. :LOL:

Its not nice to see posts unanswered, I don't mean on General discussion, but DIY subjects, and maybe they get forgotten or we have assumed that its been resolved, so hows about a countdown forum for unanswered posts, just to remind us to have a rethink about it? maybe after a week or two a red flashing symbol saying ''unresolved''
 
Diyisfun said:
masona said:
A kitchen forum?

I think this would confuse people would put
Im tiling a kitchen
or
My Cooker how do I wire it

Just my thoughts.
No, I meant Kitchen units, not as in the kitchen ;)
 
A PM (Private Message) function would be nice.
New accounts opened by verification of email address to help get rid of those annoying adverts for viagra, insurance, usa cars etc.
 
change the backup time to about 3am..

at the moment, the forum grinds to a halt at about midnight GMT every night.. ( or so it seems.. might be something my end. )
I'm asuming that this is the time the forum's are either backed up or the servers re-set or something..

also add a "mark all as read" button to the forums..

it's a pain to exit a forum to see that it has "new" messages but that those are just the topics you havent viewed..
 
ColJack said:
also add a "mark all as read" button to the forums..

it's a pain to exit a forum to see that it has "new" messages but that those are just the topics you havent viewed..

Its already there at the top right hand corner of each forum ;)
 
Plastering - any :evil: help with getting plastered
 
Sponsored Links
Back
Top