Suggestions for improvements to DIYnot.com

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
clickable names while viewing threads!!

More fields in the profile sections (more info)!!

Make it so you dont have to scroll the page left to right to read a post when someone has posted a really long URL or a large picture :LOL:

Really bugs me

RF Lighting said:
Make it so you dont have to scroll the page left to right to read a post when someone has posted a really long URL or a large picture :LOL:

Really bugs me
This is easily solved if the URL is done as a BBcode URL, and the image posted as a thumbnail if its too big.

What about changing the search results back to how they were?

I find it hard trying to read the new version, at least when it was in alternating shdes of wht ever colur the background is they were easier to see which was which post,

now its all in black and white

Crafty said:
RF Lighting said:

Really bugs me
This is easily solved if the URL is done as a BBcode URL, and the image posted as a thumbnail if its too big.

I know that. Seems that some folk don't though.

The new(ish?) search seems to be worse than the old one. I can't see any way to search within a forum and have things come back in date order.
And it often doesn't find things it should.

I have failed to find everything I've tried to find, so far.
In short it's no use at all.

I'm surprised by those last two comments - personally I find it easier to use and more accurate/successful.

Edit: having said that, I suspect that it isn't finding all occurences of the word "softarse". :rolleyes:

It does not find all instances of the term "RCBO" and not the most recent ones. I think this may be because it has not built a secondary index recently.

The search is nor sorted by date (increasing or decreasing) which I would have found convenient. it is not sorted by topic name either, and I can't see what order it is in.

e.g.
"Your search - rcbo and mem and mate - did not match any documents"

ChrisR, I'm sorry you don't like the new search, can you give me some examples of what searches have given no results?

JohnD, the current indexes are being built periodically, and not as frequently as they will be once certain things have been ironed out. A new index is being built as I type so by the end of the day it will be refreshed. The frequency of the re-indexing will be increased over the coming weeks, so there will be less lag in the results.

As far a limiting results to an area of the forum, this is possible and should be added soon.

Ordering by date is a different kettle of fish, currently the results are ordered by closest match, but I will look into it.

Sponsored Links
Back