Suggestions for improvements to DIYnot.com

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
If the post is deleted, there would be no trace of it. You follow? :confused:
What I said though, I think would be a good idea. At least leaving a line, saying "Crafty deleted a post here, at **:**pm on **/**/****" Then at least anyone who has quoted Crafty's now deleted post doesn't look like they've made it up.

Oh I see. No that's daft Crafty and I agree with John. The delete button would be mainly used as soon as you've posted i.e. before anyone else sees it so that wouldn't really be a problem. I noticed a delete button on another forum I joined earlier. But I take your point - you could have it so that if someone posts after your "mistake" then it cannot be deleted.

gcol said:
Oh I see. No that's daft Crafty and I agree with John. The delete button would be mainly used as soon as you've posted i.e. before anyone else sees it so that wouldn't really be a problem. I noticed a delete button on another forum I joined earlier. But I take your point - you could have it so that if someone posts after your "mistake" then it cannot be deleted.
Agreed, I just had another thought, what if someone replies to an OP and the OP is then deleted? But your suggesting makes sense then, as the OP cant be deleted after someone's replied.

Sponsored Links
Surely we don't need any more delete buttons?

The moderators have one already and it's nothing but trouble.

Softus said:
Surely we don't need any more delete buttons?

The moderators have one already and it's nothing but trouble.
The mods are power-hungry and abuse their delete buttons, I say it would be better in our hands than theirs.

Crafty said:
I say it would be better in our hands than theirs.
That doesn't sound very practical to me - who would remove spam and the truly unsavoury posts? :confused:

lol stop being pedantic Softus, i meant the ability to delete our own posts. I didnt mean it literally. Of course the mods will be able to delete spam and other abusive posts. But if a confirmation email was nessecary to register, surely spam would be dramatically reduced.

Crafty said:
lol stop being pedantic Softus
Oh yeah, like that's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

i meant the ability to delete our own posts. I didnt mean it literally. Of course the mods will be able to delete spam and other abusive posts.
I'm completely lost - who are you proposing would have a delete button, and what would that delete button be able to delete?

But if a confirmation email was nessecary to register, surely spam would be dramatically reduced.
I agree, and this is an excellent suggestion.

Softus said:
Crafty said:
good point

i meant the ability to delete our own posts. I didnt mean it literally. Of course the mods will be able to delete spam and other abusive posts.
I'm completely lost - who are you proposing would have a delete button, and what would that delete button be able to delete?
Mods - can delete anything, within reason
Plebs - can delete their own posts, except where a reply has been posted

But if a confirmation email was nessecary to register, surely spam would be dramatically reduced.
Thankyou
Yes, I have replied in such a way that it makes it hard for you to quote me. :LOL:

Crafty said:
Softus said:
Crafty said:
good point
I know. :D

But whose reason? :confused:

Much too complicated to be practical.

Thankyou
You're welcome.

Yes, I have replied in such a way that it makes it hard for you to quote me. :LOL:
When?

Softus said:
But whose reason? :confused:
Open a new poll thread everytime they have reason to delete something, and hand it to a public vote. Though I'm not sure if there is a poll function here. (No, I'm not serious, but a poll function would be nice)

Softus said:
not nessecarily. I'm not sure how other forums handle this, but i have known others have delete buttons to delete one's own posts.

Softus said:
Thankyou
You're welcome.
So come on, Admin / Will.I.Am, surely this cant be hard to implement?

Softus said:
When
I cant believe you sat and typed out all those quote BBcodes lol. (Then again, so did i!)

Crafty said:
Softus said:
not nessecarily. I'm not sure how other forums handle this, but i have known others have delete buttons to delete one's own posts.
It was the bit after the word "except" that sounded impractical.

I cant believe you sat and typed out all those quote BBcodes lol. (Then again, so did i!)
...says the man who typed in all those 'bold' BBcodes.

Whereas I just used Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V a few times. :D

mlb3c said:
oh yeah!.....I can see how a delete button would be handy :rolleyes:
Sorry, I forgot you were perfect. ;) People make mistakes. How many times have you seen "oooops double post"???? or "I was having connection problems" A personal delete button has a place in this forum just like it does in others.

Sponsored Links
Back