Size of the universe

Our laws don't matter - the mechanics of the universe matter. They are immutable. The universe is like a clock. Talk about it all you like but you won't change the way it works.

Sponsored Links
things change when the scholars discover something new,only a few years back pluto lost its planet status,as they keep searching more things will change as our understanding of them will become greater,time doesnt stand still.
theres lots that has still yet to be discovered.

and theres plenty of innerspace that has yet to be understood aswell.

just think from research they say we as humans only use a very small portion of our brains,as a race how much more can be done with it,only time will tell.
but i doubt any of us will know about it.

Our laws don't matter - the mechanics of the universe matter. They are immutable. The universe is like a clock. Talk about it all you like but you won't change the way it works.

No one is saying it wont, this started by you saying that nothing will ever go faster than the speed of light, scientists think they may have already done it...so Einstein could have been wrong.

They always say stuff to get grants, there is nothing on the horizon to save us. Let's stick to windmills.

Sponsored Links
Apparently it's just a myth that we only use a small amount of our brains.

What I can't understand is why the Laws that explain Gravity and Quantum Physics apear to be incompatible ie we have one set of rules for big stuff and another set for small stuff.

So explain these laws to us....

I hardly know where to start here. Let's try this:

"There are no laws of the universe; only counter-examples we haven't found yet." :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'd like to say I wrote that but Karl Popper more or less said it first. The bottom line is that we know very little about how the universe works so this:

joe-90 said:
They can't get to us though, the rules of the universe forbid it.

is a rather arrogant claim. :eek: :eek: :eek:

joe-90 also said:
The universe works to a set of rules. We observe those rules and call them laws. You can't change the way the universe is - it just is.

Even that statement implies that the 'rules' are the same everywhere - which was Einstein's fundamental postulate - and also that they never change. For 'fundamental postulate' read 'leap of faith' but what the hell, we have to start somewhere. :) :) :)

Alarm said:
But you have no way of knowing if we know everything yet. So you could be totally incorrect. As indeed I could be.

Spot on!

enyam said:
You can't change how it is,but these rules are only our interpretation and who's to say its right.

And again!

snico said:
But going faster than the speed of light is NOT a law, it is a theory.

Precisely! Theories are all we have. Good theories make predictions that can be tested and they will stand only for as long as they cannot be disproved. The theory of relativity has stood for a long time now but some day it may be disproved and then it will be rewritten. That's how science works.

joe-90 said:
The cold fusion reactor is a fancy name for the perpetual motion machine.

The cold fusion experiment was a farce; more like a fusion of inept scientists with money-grubbing accountants. Despite all the publicity, it still keeps popping up in different guises and if any one of them is nuclear fusion my nephew is an anthropoid. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are many ways of achieving nuclear fusion without actually detonating a hydrogen bomb but all the ones we know about are b****y hot and, sadly, they all consume more energy than they give back - but that could change quite soon.

Micilin said:
What I can't understand is why the Laws that explain Gravity and Quantum Physics apear to be incompatible ie we have one set of rules for big stuff and another set for small stuff.

Proof, if any were needed, that we don't have all the answers. QED! :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
Back