Size of the universe

Sponsored Links
But the universe doesn't change. Talk all you like but it doesn't change. The sky doesn't fall down and the moon doesn't escape.

The moon is escaping joe, it gets further away all the time. Millions of years ago it was much closer than now.

Sponsored Links
pred said:
"But not as we know it"

A more worrying possibility is that, whatever they are, they might not recognize us as life. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know exactly what you're saying here, i dont want to mention his nationallity, but this geezer on a site in Germany, we'll call him Paddy, he was not of this world. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pred said:
"But not as we know it"

A more worrying possibility is that, whatever they are, they might not recognize us as life. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't see that Space cat, anything intelligent would surely recognise us as life. Or do you mean "intelligent life" ?
Whether they gave a sh*t or not would be a different story.

sooey said:
anything intelligent would surely recognise us as life. Or do you mean "intelligent life" ?

The scenario:

Some super-intelligent aliens arrive in our solar system. They aren't here with any malicious intent. They're just looking for signs of life as they know it and they find it here on Earth because this is the only planet with machines on it. :cool: :cool: :cool:

What would they make of us and all the other 'carbon units' as they search for life-forms that can do a bit more than a robot in a car factory? :?: :?: :?: Hopefully they'll have done what any sensible alien should do first - which is to watch, listen and learn - so they've seen every episode of Star Trek including the rather dire first movie. :) :) :)

anything intelligent would surely recognise us as life. Or do you mean "intelligent life" ?

'intelligent' being the operative word there sooey.....dashing round like maniacs, acquiring 'possessions', wrecking beauty, killing each other, ignoring millions starving and in poverty, and very few of us actually taking the time to LIVE.

whether they would regard us as intelligent, yes, its questionable.

After signing off this thread as it was getting postings of an abusive nature that was totally uncalled for, I thought I would have a look at what has been going on with this thread which started as a discussion on Sport Relief.
Well it has rather lost the original theme of the discussion hasn't it ?
It is now about alien life forms.

sooey said:
The scenario: Some super-intelligent aliens arrive in our solar system. They aren't here with any malicious intent. They're just looking for signs of life as they know it and they find it here on Earth because this is the only planet with machines on it.:cool::cool::cool: What would they make of us and all the other 'carbon units' as they search for life-forms that can do a bit more than a robot in a car factory? :?: :?: :?: Hopefully they'll have done what any sensible alien should do first - which is to watch, listen and learn - so they've seen every episode of Star Trek including the rather dire first movie. :) :) :)

If they were super intelligent and weren't here maliciously then they would surely approach with great caution. After all, we probably would, and we're pretty thick.

sooey said:

The scenario:

Some super-intelligent aliens arrive in our solar system. They aren't here with any malicious intent. They're just looking for signs of life as they know it and they find it here on Earth because this is the only planet with machines on it. :cool: :cool: :cool:

What would they make of us and all the other 'carbon units' as they search for life-forms

It's a scenario that has been thought up before-
http://www.nfb.ca/film/what_on_earth/

sooey said:
If they were super intelligent and weren't here maliciously then they would surely approach with great caution. After all, we probably would, and we're pretty thick.

OK, you convinced me. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back