Skimming textured ceiling

Richard - i have not called you a clown? I havnt called anybody anything?

if i was to call anyone anything it would be the other C word that rhymes with punt.

As for this forum, its meant to be to help people, people have different opinions, and ways of doing things. Peaps or whatever he is called, "knew" about lime, i dont really, so thats why i and others asked him. Theres no point in arguing with a keyboard, as we are all anonymous. If someone gets on your nerves, yea go for it, argue, but its not worth the hassle in typing is it?

But on the other hand it does make me laugh watching the bickering....

You are right the richard-if you are a long standing poster you seem to get targeted, i can see this, and have experienced it too, and this is what makes me want to get off the internet for good, a few places dont get my attention anymore.

Anyway, let the battle commence........

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Richard - i have not called you a clown? I havnt called anybody anything?
My apologies; that particular post was quickly deleted before I had a chance to check who said what & my memory of events was obviously incorrect :rolleyes: . dmplastering has come clean & explained the reasoning behind his comment & I have edited the reference in my post accordingly. ;)

ive been trying not to post on this subject but i may as well put my tuppence in, in my opinion peaps made everyone hold back from answering peoples problems because if it dident include lime they knew that along would come peaps and say that their post is not right, he would also question everybodys methods and make them explain it which which i think got up everybodys noses and caused friction, he would also recomend lime in places its not needed but people couldent be arsed to argue with him about things like that they just gave up posting and it almost killed the forum off, the moment peaps came on this forum he called joe a racist and posted negative posts and snidy comments to people , even when he come back rencarnated as primer he was aurguing and he was even trolling his friend brad lying to him saying hes from usa ect and that he had been a plasterer for 40 years what kind of friend does that? anyway i thought rich c may have found a world out there that does not include diynot (because there is one you know rich) yes a world without diynot how many people get withdrawel symtoms if they dont make any posts ? i lasted 2-3 months i think how long you gonna last rich? i know you are sat at your pc or with your laptop just staring at the diynot world and itching to make a post watching over joe 90 like a hawk lol

anyway i thought rich c may have found a world out there that does not include diynot (because there is one you know rich)

I've heard that rumour too but I don't believe a word of it. Where is this mythical place? It's laughable. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Well it is nice to see all the "lads" posting again even if it is only on this debate thats going on. So I think this is probably the rebirth of DIYnot as it was of old...At least it's a start..... ;)

All we need now is joe to kick off about something then itll be business as usual :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mods/ admin, (whoever) I'm impressed :cool: ; it’s like it (the posts) never happened & my "would be" post was wasted & consigned to the trash can. Keep it up & make DIYnot the forum it once was ;)

Mods/ admin, (whoever) I'm impressed :cool: ; it’s like it (the posts) never happened & my "would be" post was wasted & consigned to the trash can. Keep it up & make DIYnot the forum it once was ;)

And so say all of us!!!

I have to agree alot with what steve said there, people were cautious of posting because of abrasive posts, where as before we would apply different experiences and methods to a problem rather than slate someone who has another method / solution.

yeah but if someone is wrong on the Internet then you have to say so.

Adding board adhesive is pretty standard fare in the trade. If you add much more than a handful it can make the gear a bit 'greasy'
im going to give this a try tonight, how much board addy should i use for a 2 bag mix mic?
well i done it and i dident think much of it tbh or at least its not what i expected, i had a large wall to do about 60m2, in asdas and it was hot and humid the skim was going off really quick 2 of us done it each with a 3 bag gauge, i used 1 handfull of board addy to a 3 bag mix and it dident hold it back one bit just made it greasy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back