Sky Plus - Input 2 - Not Locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently undertook a DIY project to tidy up my sky cabling.
Like every other normal install, the sky engineer simply drilled through the exterior wall of the house and poked the cables through.

Aside from moving the cables a couple of feet, I also terminated them with a double F wall plate.

Now, as the title of my post suggests, when I look at the signal test screen my input 2 signal flickers from OK to Not Locked intermittently. Obviously, this is playing havoc with recording stuff.

I've spoken to Sky and apart from wanting to charge me £65 to send an engineer out they didn't really want to help me. They did try to suggest it would most likely be a problem with the cables or the LNB.

Whilst I'm no expert, I'm not completely convinced by the person I spoke to at Sky.

Here's what I've tried...

I left plenty of cable in the wall behind the faceplate so I simply removed the faceplate, replaced the F connectors that were originally on the cables and hooked them back up to the box.

The problem still exists.

Next I tried swapping the cable in input 1 with the cable in input 2 - keeping in mind that input 1 has no issues.

Having swapped the 2 cables, I still have exactly the same problem, input 1 is steady/stable and input 2 is intermittment.

In my (logical mind) that doesn't sound like an issue with the cabling, but I'm open to being told otherwise.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong, how to diagnose the problem or, better still, how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance....

C.

Sponsored Links
So if you swapped the cables around to different inputs on the sky+ box and the fault still remains on the same channel then it does sound like a fault in the box.

Whats the state of the f-socket? can you try cleaning that.

I take it your out of your initial 12 month contract?
If not then they should fix it for free.

If so then a call threatening to leave may well get them to fix it out of goodwill (load of BS coz its just a way of keeping you paying).
Ask for retentions.

It could just be a coincidence that you are having this problem.
But check that you haven't got a short between the inner and outer cores of the LNB cable.
Can you tell us what make and model the sky+ box is.

The Amstrads suffer from this problem when the power supply is failing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back