Skylight problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had a skylight fitted about 3 months ago as part of a conversion of an existing loft conversion. Won't go into it here but there are ongoing other issues with the work (structural).

I noticed after some recent high wind that the cover on this sky light has moved. I did try gently pushing it back down but it won't budge.

Haven't told builder yet as I am waiting for their reply on something else.

Should this bit be screwed down? And will it leak, or is it ok to leave for a while? No signs of leaks.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 20170325_151224.jpg
    20170325_151224.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
On ours there are pegs and the trim piece pull onto them.

If yours are the same you should be able to see it, you could push the trim backwards slightly, align with the peg then pull it back onto it.

There is a screw missing at the top. Open the window really wide (it cant fall out) you will see a screw both sides at the top corner area.
Then the back gutter will push down making sure the little ears are through the slot and bent down holding it in place.
The side trim is not right either (LH side) this could be sliding out as the screws not in place
Firstly check the side cover trim is located correctly at the base of the window. Then put the top screw in as described.
Dead simple .

Leaks yes possible/likely, Side trim could slide out and fall somewhere.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back