Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was out in my garden and noticed one of the slabs on my footpath around the lawn was loose. There was some weeds etc underneath. When i had dealt with all that I put it back level. When I was standing on it it cracked down the middle lol.

It was not a proper slab but poured concrete I think and very old. I would need to get a custom one from a builders merchants I think.

Its just one slab. I just wanted an idea how much this would all cost. I would also need it delivered since I do not drive.

Its dimensions are L 62cm W 45cm D 6cm.

Thanks funny question I know lol.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
£3-5. Depends on the type.

You would get a thinner slab and build the base up with sand or soil.

If you were happy with the old one being poured concrete, cast a new one out of concrete?

Sponsored Links
How badly is it cracked? In half or in bits? It may sound a bit bodgy but you might struggle to find a matching style and size so you could just reset it on a decent mortar bed and it'll likely hold together - you can get a bag of ready mixed just add water from bandq etc. Find someone with a car to collect it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back